Heater not working

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

microsvc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Heater not working

Post by microsvc »

When I turn on the heat in my S10, the temperature coming out the vents is about 10 degrees higher than the outside temp. The system has been flushed out, thermostat changed and the hoses are hot going thru the firewall. My mechanic advised me that the flap in the system is stuck, which makes sense since this past summer, thin/small pieces of black gasket foam have emerged out the AC vents.

My question is, how can I troubleshoot this myself and check the flap/flap controls to get this resolved. I cant afford to have my mechanic troubleshoot this at this time. All suggestions are appreciated.

~Bob
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Heater not working

Post by quickbiker »

Wow, nobody answered this? Was just checking unanswered posts.

This may need the hot feet fix.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

also check the lines going to your transfer case switch. there is a topic about this somewhere on the forums. if you have T case fluid in your lines theres a chance you could've gotten fluid up in the one of the vacuum reservoirs or whatever that control the vents. maybe even you heater core is going out? do a search you'll find something
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

It's possible you have a clogged heater core as well. How many miles are on the truck? Even if you flush the cooling system, if the core is clogged it won't get hot, and then your air won't get hot because it will be passing through a core that isn't hot.
saab9k
Crew
Crew

Post by saab9k »

LoneWolf04 wrote:It's possible you have a clogged heater core as well. How many miles are on the truck? Even if you flush the cooling system, if the core is clogged it won't get hot, and then your air won't get hot because it will be passing through a core that isn't hot.
That is an easy fix, remove hoses from engine, using a water hose flush from the return hose, if dirt it will come out.

Have done that.