4 x 4 Switch reset - remove the courtesy lamp fuse

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

pceh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

4 x 4 Switch reset - remove the courtesy lamp fuse

Post by pceh »

I had some issues with my 4 X 4 switch (flashing, not working, would not shift from 4H to 2H etc...). Searched the forum and found that you can remove the courtesy lamp fuse for 1hr and it resets the codes. All is fine now, working perfectly for a couple months. This is easily the best forum for finding valuable solutions to some of the most perplexing problems we have with these trucks. Thanks again to all of the contributors and those who keep this forum alive - you have saved my bacon more than once!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Good tip! Glad it worked for you. I'm sure others will find this useful.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Keep in mind you may still have a problem. Clearing the codes without finding/fixing a problem just means the system is re-learning. It keeps track of failures versus successful shifts and when there are too many failures it will start acting up again. Trust me. Found out the hard way. :(
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.