No brake light *solved (fuse)

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

No brake light *solved (fuse)

Post by green02crew »

Drivers side brake light is out. Running light works, yes I changed the bulb. I know there is a topic around here on it but I couldn't find it with the new search. I found a link to a previous one, that was solved but the link naturally is s-10crewcab.com which doesn't help. Any thoughts? I would go w/ a ground but I don't want to redo work that was already figured out. Here's the solved one: taillight problem
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: No brake light

Post by fallvitals »

Not sure... I hate electrical stuff..

My passanger side brake light was recently out. Making my blinker blink super fast. I actually fixed it by smacking it (The Fonz!, lol). And it has worked since... strangely enough... give that a try? lol.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Ahhh yes, you can sometimes hit the light and the bulb will function for a period of time, but eventually it will fail. I was just thinking fuses, but there wouldn't be a fuse for each side, front and rear, that doesn't make sense. The front works as does a trailer when thats hooked up.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Each turn signal has it's own fuse. strange but true. There have been a couple of posts on the subject.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Wow, each does have its own fuse. I popped the panel in cab and under hood. Under hood is the location! I didn't think each would have its own fuse! After some trial and error due to poor labeling, I found it! Thanks guys!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab