Door Locks

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Door Locks

Post by riceburnr2005 »

For whatever reason when i try to lock my doors with my remote all the doors lock accept the drivers door. I know this is normal if just using the lock button on the door but why with the remote? any ways to reprogram and fix this..
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Door Locks

Post by green02crew »

You're trying to lock the doors with the key in the ignition correct? If so, that is functioning properly, if not begin to check your drivers door lock for malfunction. If you're looking to lock the doors with the keys in the ignition, pull the key out just slightly till the door chime stops and you can now lock the door. Doesn't work on most Fords but most Chevy's allow you to leave the keys hanging from the ignition with just a slight pull out. Second nature after a while of doing it.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

green02crew wrote:You're trying to lock the doors with the key in the ignition correct? If so, that is functioning properly, if not begin to check your drivers door lock for malfunction. If you're looking to lock the doors with the keys in the ignition, pull the key out just slightly till the door chime stops and you can now lock the door. Doesn't work on most Fords but most Chevy's allow you to leave the keys hanging from the ignition with just a slight pull out. Second nature after a while of doing it.
X2 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

sorry if you guys misunderstood me, i meant to say im trying to lock the doors with the remote after i get out with the keys in my hand, when i hit the lock button on the remote it always locks all the doors except the drivers...
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Possibly a failed lock mechanism. Begin the troubleshooting process.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Sounds like the truck still thinks the key is in the ignition. Does your truck ding when you open the door with the key out of the ignitnion? I'm not sure if the truck uses the same system to tell the drivers door to not lock with the key in as it does to ding if you leave the key in the ignition and open the door, but possibly thats a start in the right direction?
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Lubed your door and lock mechanisms lately? I have this trouble often but dust and dirt accumulation is usually the culprit. A quick blow out with air and spray with suitable aerosol oil usually fixes it. Not saying you can't have a bad door lock but this would be an easy fix if it were the case for you.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Easiest way to troubleshoot this, after you shut down your truck and open the door, press the lock button on either the driver or passenger door. Does the door lock? Also does the door lock when you put the truck out of park? Mine would only LOCK manually but would always unlock electrically. The door lock servo had actually broken off the latch part, its only plastic, and I needed an entirely new door latch. They go for about $160 new.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

if i shut the truck off and open the door push the lock button on the door, all the doors lock except the driver door, same if i use the remote. so when i get out of the truck i always have to lock the driver door manually. now if i turn the truck on and put the truck out of park the driver door locks and unlocks just fine automatically.
U.S. Marines
stukapilot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by stukapilot »

I have the same problem, Drivers door wont lock with the fob, but will unlock with it. The other 3 doors function as they should. My "Key in" chime's when I open the drivers door.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Sounds like the sensor on the ignition switch is stuck. Might be able to clean it?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
JaVeRo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JaVeRo »

HenryJ wrote:Sounds like the sensor on the ignition switch is stuck. Might be able to clean it?
If Brule is correct, and he usually is, I can tell you which wire to cut to disable the "key-in" sensor. I did it just to get rid of the #$%@$ chime. I just can't do it today, (supposed to be working).

James
2001 S10 Crew (wife's mail truck)
2002 S10 Crew, 2003 S10 Blazer
2006 K2500 5 speed
JaVeRo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JaVeRo »

The first one I cut was on my 2006 Silverado work truck. I cut the tan return wire before it spliced into a black ground. On the S10, that splice was farther up the steering column so I cut the green wire before the key sensor switch.

I cut it far enough out of the connector that I could splice it back if it caused other problems. No problems that I have found.

I had two pictures of the wiring diagram but I rotated one of the causing the size to exceed the maximum and now it won't post. I can fix it later if you are interested but for now I have to get back to work.

edit, It's pg 8-581 and 8-223 of the GM service manual
James
2001 S10 Crew (wife's mail truck)
2002 S10 Crew, 2003 S10 Blazer
2006 K2500 5 speed