What now!?!

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

stukapilot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What now!?!

Post by stukapilot »

A/C has been working great, today it stopped. I popped the hood, the compressor clutch engages and disengages, and that big aluminum canister get's really cold, but I get nothing in the cab. All the heat control and vent controls work too. Is there anything I can check? :twisted: OMG!! everything is falling apart!!!!! :? and at only 179,000 mile's!!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: What now!?!

Post by HenryJ »

179k miles is a whole bunch of miles!
What in the heck are you using AC for in AK this time of year? :crazy:

If the AC is cycling it usually means the system is low. If it is cold and has condensation on the low side line, then it is working properly and there may be a blockage somewhere?

It is likely that you will need to attach a set of AC gauges to further diagnose the issue. Stop by and I'd be happy to toss mine on there and take a look :)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
stukapilot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: What now!?!

Post by stukapilot »

A/C this time of year? God man, it practically summer here! why just this morning I woke up and it was already 9 degree's outside! and beside's it a roasting 25 degree's in the shop! It just gets too hot here in the summer............