power window HELP

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

bkb092000

power window HELP

Post by bkb092000 »

I have an '01 cc I'm having a problem with. The power windows will only work from the driver's control. I recently had a stereo shop put new speakers in the dorrs and the windows worked correctly for about 2 week and then stopped. I pulled the door panels looking for a loose connection but couldn't find anything. Any suggestions?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: power window HELP

Post by F9K9 »

A connection probably didn't "snap" into place when you had the stereo installed and has worked loose. Did you tug at all the connections when you had the panels off?
Is the vehicle equipped with a window lockout switch?
1. Disconnect the passenger power window switch
2. Connect a test lamp between the master switch lockout signal circuit (4-door vehicles) and a good ground at the passenger power window switch harness connector.

Does the test lamp illuminate?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]