weird issue...press brake pedal...fuel pump primes...

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

stepasyd
Crew
Crew

weird issue...press brake pedal...fuel pump primes...

Post by stepasyd »

2003 S-10 ZR5 CrewCab - 4x4 4.3 automatic...I bought the truck last weekend.

ok...so did a few mods today, installed plug-and-play 5000k HID's, installed LED 194 bulbs for the headlights, and LED 3157's in the turn signals, and also modded the factory airbox, the only actual cutting i did into any of the factory wiring, was that i extended the wires for the 194 bulb in each of the headlights, once i mounted the ballasts for the HID's on the inner part of the core support, and plugged the headlight pigtails into them, the wiring was too short to be able to mount the 194 over from where they needed to me, just cut and spliced in about 6" of wire...I also know that I need a LED flasher, like the one i had to run in my 98, for the fast flashing of the low power LED's...but that shouldn't have caused this...

clear corners won't show up until tomorrow, so i decided to hold off reinstalling the grille until they come in tomorrow..so i decided to pull the 98 out of the shop, and park the 03 inside for the night..anyways.

noticed this problem as i was pulling it inside..backed it inside, and cut it off, get out, and realize i need to back up a little more, to get the front of the truck inside enough, so i can lower the garage door...as i jump back in to move it in further, i hit the brake and notice the fuel pump primes, and volt gauge jumps up to around 10-10.5..as if i had the key in the ignition, and turned it to the "on" position...i looked down, keys were in my hand..so i'm like wtf...put the key in, crank the truck, and i went ahead and moved it into place...with my foot still on the brake, i turned the key into the off position, and the truck is still running...i put the key back into the on position, take my foot off the brake, and then turn the key back, and it cuts off...i tried to search and didn't come across anything..I don't recall the truck doing this prior to today's mods..but what in the world could I have done to cause this?
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: weird issue...press brake pedal...fuel pump primes...

Post by killian96ss »

Yes, that is weird! If it started after the mods you just did, it must be related somehow unless your truck is possessed. Obviously the air box mod didn't do it since none of the wiring was messed with, so that leaves the headlight and bulb upgrades to check out. Remove or at least unplug what you've added and see if the problem goes away.

Steve
stepasyd
Crew
Crew

Post by stepasyd »

I slept on it last night..and gonna go to work today, still clueless..but I'll be able to work on it this afternoon...hoping it's something simple..got me kinda nervous either way..not gonna lie. :(
stepasyd
Crew
Crew

Post by stepasyd »

weird solution...but..i ran across this thread, just searching on google. remembered that i first encountered this problem, after i was testing out the LED's, with the left turn signal on, i hit the hazard switch...

http://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-s- ... elp-62679/

went out and played with the turn signal switch, and pressed the hazards, cut the truck off and back on, and voila. maybe I overloaded the multifunction switch by trying to run the turn signal at the same time as the hazards..but whatever it is..it figured itself out..so crisis averted. pretty friggin relieved.
stepasyd
Crew
Crew

Post by stepasyd »

ventvisors finally went on today....weren't as bad as i was expecting..still waiting on xpel door trim to ship from amazon...that'll be the last mods for a little while probably, gotta focus on a payment on this thing..lol.

thought cross my mind today..of selling the zr5's....for something along the lines of soft 8's...just not soft 8's, my dad used to have a set of pacer d-windows on his fullsize, i wasn't really a fan of them though...just think black wheels on a set of 31x10.50's...maybe these general grabbers..would be a sexy look...

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Black Rock can make custom back spaced steel wheels for 4wd S10's. I have a set of their 15x8 steel rims with 31's on my 05 ZR2. They are all black and look similar to the Cragar D hole rims. IIRC I only paid a little over $100 each through Americas Tire. Don't forget that first truck payment, lol.

Steve
stepasyd
Crew
Crew

Post by stepasyd »

i fail....i meant to post that last post in my other thread :(...