Damn truck!

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Damn truck!

Post by Lil-j »

I've about had it with this damn truck! I get to make a quick run to the store last night and start it, runs really hard and cuts off. Same thing second time. After the battery died.

Today I get a new battery, truck will crank, kick over and quit right away. Got no codes at the moment and freakn clue. And am sick of dumping money into this truck only to have another problem with it. I just need the damn thing to run, I have to get to school 4 days a week
blaz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Damn truck!

Post by blaz »

My friend had this problem and it was the pass lock system. His S10 would fire up and die right away.

There is a re learn process that might get you going again. Google pass lock re learn. Let us know how it goes.
Sonoma GT
Crew
Crew

Post by Sonoma GT »

Check your distributor cap and rotor.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Check for spark and then check for fuel pressure. Do you hear the pump prime when you turn the key to on? What is your voltage at the alternator?

Steve
Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Lil-j »

Pump primes, can hear that. Dont know about the alterantor voltage, cant really check what it's putting out with the truck not running.

Cap and rotor seem fine, cant find a problem there and both are less than a year old so....

I'm gonna try this pass lock thing and change the fuel filter, wish me luck. It's no fun driving a little white mitsubishi with a mary kay sticker on it.
Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Lil-j »

Dont think it's the pass lock thing. I tried starting it and she died right away but the security light went off after a sceond of it dying, so.... On to the fuel filter. I didnt get the fuel filter changed after the all the crap with the fuel pump, hoping this is the problem as the truck sounds fuel starved.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

The fuel filter is always a good idea. Make sure you have spark! Coils do occasionally go bad as do distributors. You said your battery died and then you replaced it. Make sure it wasn't your alternator that killed it.

Steve
Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Lil-j »

The battery had been an issue for a few months now, new it was going bad. It was in the truck when I bought it back in 07. I'm gonna try to check the alternator though.

I cant get the damn fuel filter off the truck to replace it so I'm stuck at the moment.