Lost rear Driver side brake and turn signal -Need Wiring Dia

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

OrlandoSonomazr5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Lost rear Driver side brake and turn signal -Need Wiring Dia

Post by OrlandoSonomazr5 »

So I noticed yesterday my driver side brake light and turn signal went out. I immediately replaced the bulb and of course still didn't work. I got on the forum and searched and searched, and searched and found some answers but not one that fixes my problem.

Diagnosis - Turn Signal/Brake light not working - Tested Fuses both the one in the dashboard and the ones under the hood. I tested for voltage and ground on all components. The Light Socket has ground but no DC voltage, checked Fuse under the hood for the rear drivers side and I have voltage on the in of the fuse, thru the fuse but does not reach bulb, I do not have continuity from the fuse buss to rear 12v light socket and no continuity. So leaves me to believe the wire has either become corroded and the wire is damaged but not grounding out. One of the plugs has a issue, or someone has tampered with my vehicle. I need a FSM or wiring diagram to trace out the route from the fuse buss under the hood back to the tail light.

Any help as always will be appreciated.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Lost rear Driver side brake and turn signal -Need Wiring

Post by HenryJ »

Check the ground wire at the frame. I believe it is the one attached to the bumper bracket bolt.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
OrlandoSonomazr5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by OrlandoSonomazr5 »

Ended up being the rear sub-Harness plug Completely corroded away on the female side for some reason. Off to the junkyard I go.

I'm very surprised it did not blow any of the rear fuses.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Just get a whole rear tail light harness. There is a plug on the driver side in the frame by the spare you can just plug it right in. Its super easy to replace. No need to cut and splice in to anything. You can get one from basically any S10 pickup second gen and it will work.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ