Gauges warning/status lights flashing and will not turn off

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Gauges warning/status lights flashing and will not turn off

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

My gauges (speedo, tach, etc.) stopped working altogether. However all the warning/status lights started flashing tonight...even with the truck off. I tried to go to the place that installed my NR gauge face and remote start but they are out of business.

When I turn the key on the flashing stops but all the gauges stay at zero and do not move. When I turn the key off the flashing starts and does not stop.

The fact that the lights are still flashing with the truck off really concerns me. I am afraid I will be going out to a truck with a dead battery in the morning. Any and all assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Tom
[size=75]Tom (Knight) Houston, TX
2005 BlazeR2 (still have)
2013 Avalanche LTZ (Z71 front end and flares/0
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
2006 Avalanche Z71 (sold)
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Gauges warning/status lights flashing and will not turn

Post by LoneWolf04 »

First I would look over the wiring they spliced in for the remote start. It usually ends up getting hacked when installed and causes problems down the road.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Gauges warning/status lights flashing and will not turn

Post by ApproachMedium »

Have that remote start system removed immediately, then get a good jacket and go outside and warm your truck up every morning. A remote start system is a useless mess of wires and disasters. My friends 98 blazer did this and so did the 94 blazer. The battery will die for sure. I had to gut the dash board of all the junk wires and relays they installed that come with the remote start. The system had failed and left behind a mess of shorts and electrical taped wires together.

So far the 3 of the 4 vehicles I removed remote starters from are all driving around with no issues. The one thats not went to the junkyard a few weeks ago so cant speak for it anymore lol.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ