relocating from NC to TX and gauge problem

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

TexasBlaZeR2
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

relocating from NC to TX and gauge problem

Post by TexasBlaZeR2 »

Hello everyone. I recently relocated from NC to the Houston area and would like to find out about local get togethers.

On another note, my dash is having a problem because the gauges stopped working but the instrument warning lights flash when I turn the truck off. I have an EL Glo faceplate and remote start. My tools are still in NC. A search didn't seem to bring up anything on this. Would appreciate any and all assistance with getting this one fixed. I am hopeful it is just a simple ground problem.

Thank you,

Tom
[size=75]Tom (Knight) Houston, TX
2005 BlazeR2 (still have)
2013 Avalanche LTZ (Z71 front end and flares/0
2000 BlaZeR2 (sold)
2006 Avalanche Z71 (sold)
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: relocating from NC to TX and gauge problem

Post by roadrunner »

Just a quick suggestion. Make sure your battery cable to battery connections are tight and unmovable. This is a common problem area on the s-10 series.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: relocating from NC to TX and gauge problem

Post by ApproachMedium »

ugh remote start. Who installed it? These things are a nightmare and the first thing i remove from anyones vehicle i buy or work on that comes to me. All they do is short stuff out and fry vehicle eletronics when they get old.

If the battery cables dont solve your problem first thing I would do is remove that aftermarket junk if you didnt install it yourself and go from there.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ