Vacuum problem

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

BFVSFOREVER

Vacuum problem

Post by BFVSFOREVER »

My 2002 Crew Cab 4X4 has a problem I don't understand. My Check Engine Light came on, AutoZone tester say's it is the Throttle Body. At about the same time my Heater / Air Conditioning Selector quit working, Air blowing from all outlets at once. Would a bad hose cause this. The truck has less than 100,000 on it and I can't believe that throttle body shaft is worn out. Any help is greatly appreciated.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Vacuum problem

Post by HenryJ »

Check the vacuum hoses for dry rot behind the brake booster going to the vacuum canister in the driver side fenderwell. Make sure the hose is attached to the nipple just under the fender lip.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BFVSFOREVER

Post by BFVSFOREVER »

I found the problem with the throttle body. The connector for the cruise control was binding and would hold the throttle plate open just enough to cause the check engine light to come on. I sprayed it with PB Blaster until it loosened up and haven't had any problem since.
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

BFVSFOREVER wrote:I found the problem with the throttle body. The connector for the cruise control was binding and would hold the throttle plate open just enough to cause the check engine light to come on. I sprayed it with PB Blaster until it loosened up and haven't had any problem since.
Good find! Glad it didn't involve spending money.