stereo wiring color codes

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

stereo wiring color codes

Post by Conman »

I got my Bazooka tube today. It comes with both high level and RCA inputs. I'm planning on using the factory radio for now so I was wondering if you guys know what the rear and front wires are for the speakers and the best place to tap into them. Since the tube will be in the rear, I was wondering if the rear speaker wires are on one side or on both sides for each speaker? I noticed with the factory radio, if you put the fader in the middle, the rear speakers are lower volume than the front. If so, I'm wondering if I should tap the front speakers instead? I'm probably going to run the power wire on the right side like a few of you did to the batt.

Thanks,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

Will you be using the stock head unit? If so than I would splcie the signal off the rear doors. Find the wire between the pillar. If not than get your head unit and but a $25 adaptor from any stereo shop. This saves alot of time.
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

I installed the tube this weekend. It was not easy running wires. The plug for the radio under the pass. side was hard to run power wire. I ended up pulling back the ant. wire with a pull string then pulling the power wire through. As for the rear speaker wires, not easy to get to. I ended up running new speaker wires directly from behind the radio as it was easier.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]