Found a use for the AUX feature on the OEM Radio

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Found a use for the AUX feature on the OEM Radio

Post by Conman »

http://ssiamerica.com/Merchant2/merchan ... _Code=napi

Appears this is a way to get RCA inputs through the Cd changer controller in the head unit. So say you use a DVD unit, or MP3 player, instead of using a FM modulator, you can use this. It's 85bucks but I'm thinking of trying it.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
MikeyZR5

Post by MikeyZR5 »

Hey CONMAN,

Have you removed and checked out the back of our Radios? I was also thinking about that too, because I want to install a DVD player.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

MikeyZR5 wrote:Hey CONMAN,

Have you removed and checked out the back of our Radios? I was also thinking about that too, because I want to install a DVD player.

RCAinput

Found it cheaper. I removed it when I installed the bazooka tube. there is an Molex type connector there for the AUX button. Crutchfield.com sells an external changer than works with the factory controls(would be cool to have 12 disc but overkill). Def. be better for a DVD player or MP3. This will NOT work with the 2003 radio cause it appears it's different. This is nice for our radio cause you don't lose the indash CD changer and you get better sound for a MP3 or DVD player. I got the info from this site: http://www.prerunners.net/tipofthemonth/tip14.asp Love the Internet!!! I'm probably going to order it this week and let you know how it goes. I have the DVD player already but I did not want to use a FM modulator and allways wondered if someone would make something like this. What a simple idea!

Con
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

MikeyZR5 wrote:Hey CONMAN,

Sorry dude. :( Looks like it won't work with your 2003 radio. :( Hopefully they will make an updated one for the new radio. It appears the company is located one town over from me so I'll give them a call and let you know about your radio. Does your radio have a AUX or external Changer button on your radio?

Con
MikeyZR5

Post by MikeyZR5 »

Hmmm...Good Website...I wonder
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

finally. i have been looking for an aftermarket product like that for years
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]