how is the quad beam mod doing? UPDATES please

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

how is the quad beam mod doing? UPDATES please

Post by 2bunik »

I just found the quad beam mod and even after all the explaining I still had about two questions left.
do daytime running lights still run normally?
all that changes is when i hit the high beams I get all four as oposed to two right?
:oops:
How is everyone truck who has done this mod?any problems ? or suggestions. :)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: how is the quad beam mod doing? UPDATES please

Post by HenryJ »

2bunik wrote:I just found the quad beam mod and even after all the explaining I still had about two questions left.
do daytime running lights still run normally?
By using the relay,Yes
all that changes is when i hit the high beams I get all four as oposed to two right?
Yes
:oops:
How is everyone truck who has done this mod?any problems ? or suggestions. :)
It has been working fine for me. I have had it done for about four months now.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
christian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by christian »

I'd have to look into this mod! It's very interesting and doesn't really cost much in parts....lol.....but i have to change my bulbs as well in the DRL and fog lights before i do the mod. so that i won't have yellowish and bright white lights mixed together :shock:
ExMoparMan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ExMoparMan »

I just received the new Performance Products catalog and in it Painless Wiring has a kit with all the relays, wiring, connectors to do a quad lighting on Chevy/GMC trucks. Now for the rest of the story.......they dont list the s-10/s-15 as vehicles that the kit works on, all are full sized trucks - SUV's. I havent looked at the Painless Wiring web site to see if there is something for our trucks but I dont know why a kit for a Silverado wouldnt work! The kit for the 1992-94 blazer is only $19.95 the 1999-02 Silverado/Sierra kit is $39.95. Just thought this might help.
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

ExMoparMan wrote:I just received the new Performance Products catalog and in it Painless Wiring has a kit with all the relays, wiring, connectors to do a quad lighting on Chevy/GMC trucks. Now for the rest of the story.......they dont list the s-10/s-15 as vehicles that the kit works on, all are full sized trucks - SUV's. I havent looked at the Painless Wiring web site to see if there is something for our trucks but I dont know why a kit for a Silverado wouldnt work! The kit for the 1992-94 blazer is only $19.95 the 1999-02 Silverado/Sierra kit is $39.95. Just thought this might help.
Don't get it cause I got it with my Lightforce lights and it's just a simple relay. You could use it but you would have to rewire it the way henry did so that defeats the purpose. It appears our wiring is a little different than the fullsize. You will def. be better off buying a normal relay and harness if you wanted something prewired. I thought I had a pic online of the relay but I don't. If you want a pic of the Painless relay I have, let me know and I will snap one when I get home.

Later,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
ExMoparMan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ExMoparMan »

Thanks for the info :D