Factory Driving Light Upgrade

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Crew02
Crew
Crew

Factory Driving Light Upgrade

Post by Crew02 »

I think it was HenryJ that said he had put 55 Watt bulbs in his driving lights. Is there a different # for that bulb? Or is it the same # and you just have to find the higher wattage?
[size=75]2002 Crewcab - Best Mod XM Radio, 2" Body Lift, 30 X 9.5 BFG Long Trail, Factory Locker, T-Bar Crank , Rear Shackles. ORI PreRunner Bar, Hella 500 Lights.
1990 Jeep Wrangler, ARB lockers front/Rear, Winches Front/rear,4" suspension Lift, 2" body lift, 35" BFG Mud TA's, Geared 4:56.
Amateur Radio Operator KC4-IKR[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I bought GM part# 9442879 BULB,W/SO $9.66 (3/12/02)
You need two ;)

55w foglight upgrade ^
Last edited by HenryJ on Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

The factory bulbs are 881’s 27 watts. I would like to get some Silverstar bulbs for my fogs to match my headlights but they don’t make them in 881. They do however make an 880 which is the same bulb but with a different socket. Anyone know if they can be interchanged? The 881 is a right angle socket connection while the 880 is axial.

Pete

881 Image

880 Image
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
TheBigFitz
Crew
Crew

Post by TheBigFitz »

I went on E-Bay and bought a pair of 889's with the Xenon gas for around $17. I believe the 881's and 889's are interchangeable. Either way, I have them and Silverstars in the headlights and they look fine.
[size=75]SOLD - 2" BL, BFGR 31x10.50 on American Racing Outlaw II Rims (15x7, 6" BS), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 1" Torsion Bar Adjustment, Rear add-a-leaf, Westin nerf bars & tail light guards, Genuine Steel grill guard, Tinted Windows, K&N Filter - SOLD

New Ride: 2006 Chevy Silverado SS[/size]
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

Mine fogs are a Xenon and are a little higher-powered. I noticed a little while back that the rear of the fog lense housing has yellowed/browned some. :( I think it's from the added heat. Does anyone know if someone makes a glass housing?
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by YellowCrewCabber »

Could someone put up some pics of their fog lamps and driving lights. My truck doesn't have these. :cry:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Image Image Image

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

The lights in the grill are a factory option??
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The lights attached to the turn signal assembly, yes. The switch is in the light switch panel.
Stock they were 27 watts.
They only illuminate with the low beams and were designed as fog lights.
They really are not too functional as you can not direct the light where you really need it. They do offer some good filler light down low though.
After market lights would be a better choice if you are thinking about adding these lights.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I agree, driving lights would work better in that location. I will look into this further. Fog lights work better mounted low, do they not??
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

Xbox Live Gamer Tag-Gefke6367[/size]