Subwoofers...

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Subwoofers...

Post by AZS10Crew »

Who's got them? What do you have?

I just ordered a 6.5" Bazooka powered tube. Hopefully it will satisfy my thirst for better sound. I'm still curious as to what else can fit behind the seat in the back though.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

here is my setup.

fosgate 400x2 with a 8" square kicker l7 in a custom made box with .33 cubic airspace.. This is very loud, very crisp and sounds better than my 12 I had in a jeep wrangler.

http://www.thebestbuddies.com/pic/membe ... justin.htm
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Nice setup. :thumb:

Did you have to cut out the jack mounting bracket to get the enclosure back there or does it fit over it?
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

Well, I really didnt cut it. I popped the 4 rivets holding the jack casing from the cab. Then I took rubber washers and aluminum rivets to cover the holes and keep it weather tight. As you can see in the picture of my setup, there is my jack and wrench still behind the seat in front of the amps. I can still shut my rear seat all the way. When I have time, i plan on making a sealed aluminum box under the chasis to hold the jack and wrench as well as cleaning up all the exposed wires and also purchasing a new alternator and capacitor. I can still hear a whining noise in my speakers but for now it doesnt bother me.
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

Oh yeah i fogot to mention, the day after i bought the truck, it was all in pieces, dash, carpet, seats, doors. i was driving around for a week with just a seat and the steering column and wheel......The trucks interior is 90% dynomated. the tub, doors, rear wall and ceiling is done to keep the sound inside and road noise outside. the only thing that isnt done was the firewall...Too much stuff in the way to get at

my father thinks I am crazy!!!! after 35 miles on the truck, i had it spewed apart on my garage floor. :lol:
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Not everyone has the modification bug I guess. :) I know my wife sure doesn't. :? :lol:

I had my dash apart a week after I got it putting in a new head unit and changing the gauge cluster bulbs to red ones.
[size=75]Mark
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i have never been a radio guy. i usually just replace my speakers every 70k after the woofers are dried out and busted. :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Matt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Matt »

well if you have read some of the other topics then Im sure that you have seen my set up, 4 solo baric L7's in a 7 cubic foot box, no back seat and a power akoustic amp rated at 3000 (three thousand) watts. Here is a pic, not the best, but you get the idea. http://www.s-10crewcab.com/coppermine/d ... p?pos=-309
Can you tell that I dont like to drive people around anymore? Leave that for the sober people.
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

4 MA Audio 120xe subwoofers, MA602 high current amp (rated at 3600 watts), 2 sets of 6/12 MA Audio components, 4 MA 6 1/2 mid bass woofers, 2 4x6 MA Audio dash speakers, MA Audio HK597 amp for mids, MA HK297 amp for highs

once I finish all my interior and fiberglass I will have pics,
oh and I have a 5th order bandpass box blown through into the cab ( I have a back seat )

a 7in flip out dvd, cd, tv tuner in dash, 2 5.6 headrest monitors
[size=75]GO BIG or Go Home
SFA - Dana 44 - front & rear - 4.88 gears - 39.5x15x20's[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Kicker

Post by KCustom »

2 Kicker L7 8" subs on a Kicker 650.1 SX.......Cut my bench and turned it into buckets, put the subs between the upper seat backs in a custom enclosure
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
jaredsonoma

Post by jaredsonoma »

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... TS-SW2541D

This is the sub that I'm using with an alpine amp. Works great, I'll put pictures on later today, works great, but you have to loose the jack.
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

A single 10" Alpine Type-S @ 350w RMS.

Thumps pretty good.
2005 Chevy Blazer
5 Speed 4x4
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

500w max 12" clarion and a 500w max clarion amp too. Makes great sound was just a tight fit.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

Single Alpine 15" Type-R with a 500w American Legacy amp for now... need to find someone to build me a shallow mount box for behind the rear seat.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

You can always build yourself! Get some particle board down at Home Depot or Lowes and take some measurements. Fairly easy to do and the sound doesn't suffer if you make a smaller sized box for behind the seat but it is muffled slightly due to the seat. I don't know how well a 15" will fit though. My 12" was really tight after bringing the seat further forward, getting rid of the plastic behind it too.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

the 15" will never fit, i gettin 2 of those shallow mount 12" pioneers.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I got a Kenwood. It's perfect for my taste. Crisp bass without the reverberated boominess.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
WHT98YUKON

Post by WHT98YUKON »

new here, quick question, is the rear seat area same size as a std cab 98 s10 pickup? if so i had a 15 inch behind my seats, i am looking to buying a crew cab and would like to know b/c otherwise i have a box already built
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

It may be close...if anything smaller behind the crew cab seat. Biggest thing is that the seat in the back of the crew cab cannot be slid forward at all to allow installation. I do know that 6.5" Bazooka tube I had in there barely fit, so compare that to the box for your 15.
[size=75]Mark
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

No 15" and I'm sure of it. I have worked wonders to fit my 12" in behind the rear seat and that meant moving the seat forward by using washers. It is too tall and too deep. 10" would fit nicely especially if it is shallow mount a 12" requires some special fitting.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Regular
Regular

Post by newbie »

Has any one tried the Infinity slim box, it is a single 10 with two 10 in passive radiators. it has a built in 250 watt amp. The guys at ABC said they put it in a crew cab before and it fit great, and the radiators keep the sound really clear. Here is a link, I think when I save up for my system I will try it. not cheap though it was 450 - 500 at ABC warehouse, so we'll see what I can afford and what the Fiance will let me spend

http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/prod ... Region=USA