Q-logic audio - kick panel enclosures

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Q-logic audio - kick panel enclosures

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

A note of caution: I bought a set of these about a year ago for me Ext. Cab Sonoma (same ones fit), and these things are as flimsy as paper. I reinforced mine with a wood frame and fiberglass, otherwise I think they would crack if they were ever accidentaly bumped.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

wamason wrote:A note of caution: I bought a set of these about a year ago for me Ext. Cab Sonoma (same ones fit), and these things are as flimsy as paper. I reinforced mine with a wood frame and fiberglass, otherwise I think they would crack if they were ever accidentaly bumped.
I looked into them as well. It says you need to bend the parking brake pedal out so it does not hit the speaker. Those probably sound great but I bet for a Daily Driver, it will get banged up too much.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

kick pannels

Post by KCustom »

If you will put the mid in the stock door location and the tweeter in the factory kick pannel you will get very close to the same result. Just point the top of the dome at the rear view mirror. You wont give up the foot room and you will love the staging and imaging. It is all about path lengths, time phase, and arival time.....Our truck work really well this way because the mid location is so low in the door and very close to the kick.
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I haven't put my kick panels in my CC, but my intentions are to take my 5-1/4" kicker resolution components out of my dash, and put them in the kick panels, then move the 6" resolution components from the door to the dash (will take a little extra work), and finally to put a pair of RMB6 Resolution midbass woofers in the doors, should make for an interesting sound experience. The only part I'm worried about is the dash....6"s are going to be tight, but I think I can make it work with a dremer.... :-)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...