led washer lights

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

duce
Crew
Crew

led washer lights

Post by duce »

ok so i got these led washer lights and need to no were is the best place to get a 12v+feed from...i would like them to come on only at night but not to sure how to go about that.if i put a switch on them can i use one of thous wires were the air bag switch would have bin... :?:
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

easiest will probably be to tap the wires at the headlight for the parking light wire. So when the parking lights turn on, the bling bling lights turn on as well. Probably be easier than wiring a swtich cause there is very little access between the firewall.

Good Luck,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
duce
Crew
Crew

Post by duce »

thanks conman it is done and looks good... :D
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Cool. A friend of mine did this and he made his blink with the turn signal lights.
I think it's cool looking but everyone does it here(even seen it on a minivan) so it's uncool here now.

Con
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
BadChad

Post by BadChad »

Okay, I am clueless to what your talking about. What are washer lights? I've seen little lights that go where your winshield washer squirters are. Is this what your talking about? If so... what do you do to squirt your windshield? :D
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Well shoot, I have some green LED washer lights on my truck I would have traded you for the stock washers. But two days after I got my truck (they came with it), I noticed they were coming on all the time so I cut all the wiring to them and painted them black.... I hate them, but I wish I had known someone wanted some :-)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

BadChad wrote:Okay, I am clueless to what your talking about. What are washer lights? I've seen little lights that go where your winshield washer squirters are. Is this what your talking about? If so... what do you do to squirt your windshield? :D
They still work as normal washer squirters would...they just light up too.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
duce
Crew
Crew

Post by duce »

ya they will work the same as your stock ones just look better and light up.mine are in the shape of a skull and the eyes light up blue i wanted red but for some reason the police here don't like red after maket lights on your car ( plate frames,turn signal lights,)you can get away with green or blue.i always keep my oem stuff just in case i have to put it back for some reason.i was thinking of tapping into the turn signal but i already taped into the parking lights with my extreme lights so i just added it to that.i will upload pictures soon now that i have a digital camera. i did ad some to the gallery but they are old... still stock....except for the sub and radio..
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

better be careful with those things...

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_articl ... ryid=32200
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

adrenalnjunky wrote:better be careful with those things...

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_articl ... ryid=32200
LOL. Now that's dumb. I'm not sure what the county was trying to prove but they def. took it to the extreme. If you think about it, they are trying to say they own the color blue. Just wait, people with HID ligthts will get jailtime when they get pulled over for having bluish hue lights. LOL

Con
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

personally, i cant stand those little blue lights or any color, now this is just a personal opinion and its worth about the same so please dont anyone take offense to it. im not trying to incite a riot but just offering what i think about them.in my own opinion i think they are silly, i have worse words for them but this is a family website afterall, i just dont see the point of them, now full underbody ground effects lights i understand but just on the washer squirtes, it doesnt make sense to me.as far as just blue go i agree with the law enforcement personnel.is it too much ask that blue lights be reserved for law enforcment, so that they can be easily distiguished? i mean these are the people that protect and serve. everyday they go and their loved ones have to worry about just the one person whoes going to be in a bad mood or feel disenfranchised about being pulled over and plant 2 in the chest of a cop,all because they were pulled over about some lights or other minor traffic violation that could have been cleared up with a small a fine,i agree there are alot of silly laws out there but untill they get changed through the system we must obey them, thats just the wasy it is, now like i said im sorry if i offended someone but im just giving my own private views on the matter
"Aim towards the Enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Around here the cops have taken offense to Red,blue and green auxilliary lighting displayed on a vehicle from the front, regardless of what the lighting is.

Just the way the law goes,

and right after the HID- lookalike H4 headlight bulbs hit the aftermarket, people were getting pulled over for those too, because they were too bluish looking.

those companies making the hid-look bulbs have had to back off the blue hue to their bulbs due to lots of areas not likeing the blue headlights.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
marks10cc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by marks10cc »

I could be wrong, but I swear I read that PA law states that only white and yellow light is allowed to exist in the front of a vehicle. Any other states/provinces like that? I used to get alot of grief over my red lit bowtie. Red is not White or Yellow :)
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

no but red is usually for emergency services
"Aim towards the Enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher