Aftermarket Alarm system using OEM Remotes

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Aftermarket Alarm system using OEM Remotes

Post by Walt »

Does anyone know of an aftermarket alarm package that can use the oem remotes on a CC? I put a Viper in my old Sonoma, but I absolutely HATE the remotes on EVERY aftermarket system I've ever seen or installed. We never carried anything like that at the audio shop I used to work for, and I can't find anything on the net...any ideas?
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Aftermarket Alarm system using OEM Remotes

Post by Conman »

wamason wrote:Does anyone know of an aftermarket alarm package that can use the oem remotes on a CC? I put a Viper in my old Sonoma, but I absolutely HATE the remotes on EVERY aftermarket system I've ever seen or installed. We never carried anything like that at the audio shop I used to work for, and I can't find anything on the net...any ideas?
Yes. I had one in my Trooper. It uses the factory remotes. It acts just like a regular alarm just uses your factory remotes. Mine is an Audiovox brand(pursuit or prestege). I replaced it with a full feature one as with the factory remotes, I would have had to hit the unlock and lock buttons in a certain order to get the remote start to start. Instead now I have a deticated button for remote start. Plus I added remote window roll-down so that's another button. I'll get the model number when I get home. If your interested in it, PM me as I have the brain, wiring harness, siren, and start kill relay and the instructions as well.

Similar one but from DEI: http://www.autotechs.com/items/item290.htm

Most of the times the dealer installs these things since most new cars now have factory remotes. My Isuzu dealer installs them but my Chevy dealer put in a regular 4 button aftermarket remote cause I asked for Remote start. So I got two factory remotes I don't use(I did not even program them) and two Aftermarket ones I use. The Memory seat with the factory remote would have been cool but since my wife rarely drives my truck it has not been an issue. I'm probably going to add remote controll window roll-down so the extra buttons will be nice. Plus both systems are from the same maker so I can use one remote on both vehicles.

Cheers,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Thanks alot! That helps me out alot. I've found a new way of playing pranks on people :-) Since you can program a remote to a chevy system in less than 30 seconds, I sometimes like to program my remote to their car (mostly friends and family when they leave their keys in it). It's funny to watch them try to unlock their cars and then I press the opposite button, or the panic button :-)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

I saw some alarm systems once at http://www.gmpart.com but they have since changed their site and couldn't find them. Not sure what kind of alarm systems they were.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]