disabling radio theft system

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

duce
Crew
Crew

disabling radio theft system

Post by duce »

ok i want to put my stock radio on ebay but i didn't turn off the radios theft system before i removed it.any suggestion,s other than putting it back in to do it....
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

write down the unlock code and tape it to the unit. That way whomever buys it can unlock it when they install it?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I have no suggestion for repairing your situation but, if you can't disable the theft thing and are at the point of trashing the radio, I could use a new pwr/volume knob. the black film over the face of mine has been scratched and is beginning to peel.

good luck otherwise.
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

adrenalnjunky wrote:write down the unlock code and tape it to the unit. That way whomever buys it can unlock it when they install it?
Unlock code? What unlock code? :shock:
When I had my aftermarket (Pioneer) XM put in, I asked the installation center (usually do it myself, but they had a special promo, free install with purchase price) because I also plan to sell off the radio (cheap)..
They told me that there was no special prep to unhooking the radio, and that IF it came up in a lock mode, the buyer simply went to the dealer and had it programmed to accept the new vehicles VIN/computer response..
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

This thread on ZR2.com has detailed instructions for resetting a forgotten or un-known theft code on factory head units.
If you don't remember the code, just print out the instructions and send to the buyer with the radio.

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]