hey KCustom i need a favor (sub/rear seat pics)

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

hey KCustom i need a favor (sub/rear seat pics)

Post by camelott112 »

ok so i just got a 2004 cc 4 days b4 i came to iraq and i have been here for about 6 months now so you can immagine that i have too many ideas in my head as far as mods
ok here goes i was thinking i was gonna get bucket seats to mount in the back so i could run my system in a custom box low and behold and i cannot say that i am suprised the man himself KC has already split the seats but the sad thing for me is i cannot see the pic and i want to see how it worked out im planning on 3 subs and im not a big fan of 8" i mean come on if you can have 12's you find a way to do it so if you can post a pic just of your setup i want to see it really bad it may help me remember how the back seat of my truck looks and how i can draw this up ill post some sketch pics when i get them whipped out
thanks guys

Edited the title to make it a little more descriptive-HJ
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

I re-posted...

Post by KCustom »

first I want to say that I am honored and that I am very proud of you guys over there. We are very lucky to have people like you defending freedom and democracy....We will keep you in our prayers. Here are a couple of shots of the back. If you will send me your email address I will send you several more...
Image Image
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Dude kc where does all your money come from???
maybe I just say that because I work at hyvee and im broke.

That is an awesome install. did you buy buckets or did you litterally cut your seat in half??
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

he cut the seats in half, fabbed up some ends and then had them upholstered
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

did he have a post on how he did everything?
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

well im not sure it was on one of the sub forums and he just said he cut and fabbed but when i get home and start working the fiberglass ill get dimensions, seats i order and let you know how the 3 12's sound

YEAH YOU HEAR ME IM GONNA FIT 3 AND IT CAN BE DONE STAY TUNED!!
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

seat mods...

Post by KCustom »

To turn the seats into buckets:
Remove the seats, at this point it would be good to build the subwoofer enclosure as I did or somthing else that you have in mind. After instalation of the sub housing, strip the top seat cover and foam and reinstall the frame. mark the frame allowing one extra inch for the foam on each side. Cut the frame...using a pipe bender bend a new side piece using the out side as a pattern and weld. Using galvanized steel you will need to fabricate a new hindge point for both seat backs and attach to the floor. Cut the foam cussion one inch larger that the new frame and remove a channel to match the other side, then shape the foam to give it a soft role on the top corners. Using the top to measure from now cut the bottom (the foam and frame are one) to match the top. I used a local shop to cut and sew the factory seat covers to fit the new buckets.....As for the console I fabricated it and made a molded cover to match the woofer facia and painted it to mach the factory interior color. The sub enclosure is aproximatly .8 CF....
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

man i miss the bass, but i need the back seat, my baby girl rides in the back, and if i had no back seat i would have no where to, oh, sorry i almost went to far there, lets just say my fiancee would not be pleased if i removed the rear seat, wow i can say that in two ways
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

back seat...

Post by KCustom »

I still have room for two passangers or one and a baby seat....Mom said no matter what a baby seat has to fit!!!
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

updates

Post by KCustom »

I have added a new computer controler for the amps....
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

mounting of seat back,

Post by KCustom »

here is a shot of the the upper back and the mounting.....
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Lower back seat...

Post by KCustom »

Here is a shot of the lower......