Replacing factory fog with driving lights?

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

heyspike

Replacing factory fog with driving lights?

Post by heyspike »

Has anybody replace the factory fog lights with a set of driving lights? I mean really, how many people use the fog lights? How about wiring the lights to work with the high beams too?
Thanks,
John
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Replacing factory fog with driving lights?

Post by Retep »

heyspike wrote:...I mean really, how many people use the fog lights?
Well, I do... :roll:
They don't provide much light, but every little bit helps in spotting dear (which we have a lot of in this part of the country) before they jump out in front of you. I do wish they threw light a little further forward and more to the sides. Maybe some higher wattage bulbs would help. It would be nice if Sylvania made a Silverstar bulb that would fit. I replaced the stock fog bulbs on my Grand Prix with Silverstars and it made a big difference.

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Do a search for the 55w foglight upgrade.

That's what I am running in place of the stock 27w bulbs.

I mainly use them for filler lighting and fog.
Last edited by HenryJ on Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

Brule, Have you had any problems (warping or yellowing lenses or reflectors) from using the 55 watt bulbs? The flog light is very thin plastic and I am concerned about the extra heat. I do use my fogs often but not always.

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

Never mind, I already asked this question in another thread.
However, NXTCrew stated he had problems from extra heat from a higher wattage bulb in this thread.

Pete
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Replacing factory fog with driving lights?

Post by Walt »

The true story....what Peter doesn't want you to know!
Retep wrote:
heyspike wrote:...I mean really, how many people use the fog lights?
Well, I do... :roll:
They don't provide much light, but every little bit helps in spot(light)ting dear

Pete
Just kidding man, but I couldn't resist :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm.... deer in headlights....
heyspike

Post by heyspike »

I replaced my 27watt fog lights with 886, 50 watters today, will be going out in a little while to test them.
John. :)
heyspike

Post by heyspike »

They seem noticably brighter and maybe shine a little wider too.
They are definetely a lot hotter . The lenses are hot to the touch.
I ordered the 50 watt reverse lights today.
John.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Spotting "Dear" or spotted deer?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

:shock:

can anybody "spot" the deer now?

8)
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
heyspike

Post by heyspike »

I'll take a bowl of that :D Going to the Adirondaks saturday for 5 days, deer and bear hunting. Just wish my Daystar shackles were here to make the trip.
John.