Brighter back-up light bulbs

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Brighter back-up light bulbs

Post by HenryJ »

Just ordered a pair of these-
20107 - 50 Watt Halogen Super Bright Back-Up Bulb 3156 style
See and be seen better when backing up!

* 250% as bright as a standard back-up bulb.
* Pack contains two bulbs.

Limited Lifetime Warranty
Made in USA

Product Code: 20107

Price: $ 19.95 / 2 bulbs
( Reverse light bulbs )
Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

and you found them................. where. HJ?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:and you found them................. where. HJ?
ZR2.com - Really bright light for reverse light.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

But will they melt anything? :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

quickbiker wrote:But will they melt anything?
I have 55w bulbs in the fogs with no problems. These will be on less , I rarely drive for more than an hour backwards ;) , and are only 50w.

I guess I'll find out.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
heyspike

Post by heyspike »

Just ordered my set.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Mine arrived today.

Seven days for delivery is not too bad :D

I will say that there was no email confirmation, so I was left wondering if the transaction was processed.
My card was not charged until the parts were shipped. That is appropriate, but also left me wondering if they were even "in stock".

They look pretty good :thumb: Basically what you get looks like a halogen H4 bulb set into a plastic 3156 bulb socket using epoxy.

The instructions are easy to read, as if it takes a rocket scientist to change a light bulb ;) right?
They do include a warning about melting the housing during extended periods of use.
They also have a lifetime guarantee, free replacement for the ownership of the vehicle.

We will se how they perform later tonight...

- ThunderII KE7CSK
heyspike

Post by heyspike »

Put mine on today,
We'll see how they work tonight.

John.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Ordered mine this evening :D

Thanks for the bulb info and the most recent avatar, Brule :wave:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

ok ok IM going to order some also :D
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I got a set and love them :bounce:

They are at www.jcwtrucks.com now for $14.95 and they have a sale going on. I like mine and recommend them!

Lifetime Warranty :!:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

f9k9 wrote:...are those aftermarket back up light bulbs holding up for you? Looks like I have one out already. Noticed it when I checked my aux BU lights yesterday.
Mine are doing fine. I pulled one and added a back-up alarm/bulb. With little one around it seemed like a good idea.

Guess it is time for you to see how good that "lifetime Guarantee" works?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:..........................Guess it is time for you to see how good that "lifetime Guarantee" works?
I had forgotten all about any warranty on those bulbs so, am sure I won't get to try it out due to lack of proof of purchase. I am going to try out KC with my daylighter bulb and relay. Their warranty for 23 yrs. They claim that they will replace a sun faded stone shield :lol:

I just checked the bad light (KC) and it is a broken filament. I guess we'll find out.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

The BU bulb wasn't burned out. I just had a shaky ground connection and solved that :D

I do have to give KC HiLites a Image I received the new 150W bulb and a new 40 amp HD relay from them today. No proof of purchase needed. Just your return address inside the package. A total of 8 days from when my mail carrier picked up the box 'till UPS delivered the replaced stuff. You pay shipping to them is all that is needed. They claim that even if a plastic light cover is sun faded that it will be replaced and I believe them :wink:

BTW, I thought I recognized the bulb when I pulled it. It's a Wagner 13V PN/4049. 150W spotlight bulb. I used them as the brights in my Opel Manta during my SCCA days. KC wants $25 for one and I just located them for $8.46 :roll:
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I dunno what up, but I bought the 50 watt reverse lights and they aren't as bright as my stock ones, so I put stock ones back in. What up with dat?
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Just curious as to how everyone else who bought the bulbs are liking them. Mine have long since blown.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Going strong here. I am just running one currently as the other has a back alarm currently installed.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I finally did burn one out, replaced it with a generic one.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Did you guys send them in to take advantage of the lifetime warranty?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I didn't. I don't believe I saved the paperwork. To be honest I was checking my aux reverse lights last night and couldn't see any significant difference in brightness between the generic and the other bulb.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

f9k9 wrote:I didn't. I don't believe I saved the paperwork. To be honest I was checking my aux reverse lights last night and couldn't see any significant difference in brightness between the generic and the other bulb.
I'm afraid I'm guilty of this as well. I swapped the bulbs in just ahead of stormy weather, and tossed the box in my toolbox, where it was promptly thrown away during my last cleanout. :oops:

I couldn't really tell a big difference either. I have since installed a pair of backup lights under the bumper. :)
Last edited by Walt on Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

What was strange was that my stock reverse lights are actually stop/tail lights with 2 filaments in each. Looks like it uses the bring filament, so maybe thats why my stock ones are brighter than these? :?
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

The 3156 (single filament) bul uses the same contacts as the "bright" contact on the 3157 (brake light)

It might be that it's lighting BOTH filaments, but it's not something you can tell without close inspection and a good pair of sunglasses, lol.
2005 Chevy Blazer
5 Speed 4x4
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Isn't search an amazing feature? I am still learning 8)
bgs
Regular
Regular

Post by bgs »

Here's a place that carries some really high quality
bulbs like Narva, Osram, etc..They have a great
selection on different types of bulbs.

http://store.candlepower.com/
www.candlepower.com

I bought some Osram H-4 bulbs for my old ride and
they really light up the night.

http://store.candlepower.com/64206.html