Infinity Bass Link T

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Infinity Bass Link T

Post by camelott112 »

for those of you out there who are not to gung ho about loosing your back seat to a set of subs but miss the boom i was on cardomain today and i saw this thing and it looks like its hand crafted for our cc's check it out here are the dimensions (HxWxD) 14 3/8 x 40 3/8 x 6 7/16 i mean i havent seen my truck in 6 months or i would jsut have measured it for you but let me know it has a built in amp and other sorts of goodies someone let me and the rest know about if it will fit then if you want ill research more thanks guys
brian
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I've had a couple of those before. They used to make a black on and a clear one, but I don't know if they make a clear one anymore.

The sound was ok, but not quite what I wanted. You basically have a 10" sub in a VERY small enclosure, so naturally it sounds like...well, a 10" in a small enclosure. The bass was punchy and tight, but there wasn't much of it. You'd probably be better off just getting an enclosure built that houses one 10" with the correct amount of airspace. It would be louder and would probably sound better too.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

awesome thanks ill let you know how the fiberglassing goes
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

If you're only using one 10", you could build an enclosure that gives alot of airspace (extend it all the way across the truck and over the jack) and then use vents/ports to tune the enclosure to 45Hz. Would definitely sound good, and it would be loud.
--Walt
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

actually wamason i had bigger fish i was just checking it out for you bazooka tube guys out there im doint a single rear bucket seat with 2 12's that wrap around it but its gonna be alot of trial error hey will to much air space jack up the sound
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Ahh... cool. Why only one seat? Do two buckets and subs in the center like KCustom. Very nice setup there.
--Walt
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

actually i dont reall keep alot of passengers and i have a very show room idea in my head centermounted seat with a pair of subs and the amp rack concealed behind the seat i really like KC's setup but as far as things like this go you have got to find your own origionality i mean lifts shackles you cant reall look to be all that different but interior is where you really get to let the juices flow just a matter of time and alot of sandpaper and primer haha im going to keep my interior red and blue to match the undercarrage of the truck real patriotic like hehehe i love this country
Wrangler
Crew
Crew

Post by Wrangler »

Has anyone tried getting one of these behind the seat in the crew cab yet? By the stock measurements it doesn't seem like it will fit. I am getting very bored with the crappy stock stereo and ain't really into figuring out and building a custom box anymore.
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Building your own box aint that hard really. Takes a few hours to complete it. Just find a sub with a small mounting depth and you can easily fit a 10" sub. I got my JL 10" sub to fit very easily in my custom box. The Infinity 10" sub that I had before had a deeper mounting depth and it made it harder to make a box to fit it correctly, but I still managed. But to get the sub to hit right, you need to get a new head unit. Using a crossover and tying it into the rear speakers doesn't sound as good as getting a headunit that has outputs for the amp. I tried it before I bought a new head unit. After installing the head unit, there was a HUGE difference!!

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4966
Wrangler
Crew
Crew

Post by Wrangler »

BobbleSmitty wrote:Building your own box aint that hard really. Takes a few hours to complete it. Just find a sub with a small mounting depth and you can easily fit a 10" sub. I got my JL 10" sub to fit very easily in my custom box. The Infinity 10" sub that I had before had a deeper mounting depth and it made it harder to make a box to fit it correctly, but I still managed. But to get the sub to hit right, you need to get a new head unit. Using a crossover and tying it into the rear speakers doesn't sound as good as getting a headunit that has outputs for the amp. I tried it before I bought a new head unit. After installing the head unit, there was a HUGE difference!!

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4966
Well I was trying to take the easy way out since I dont have the tools to build a box, unless I run to my dads then I listen to him complain about the dust. LOL I already have the adapters to hook everything up to the stock hu. I ran a basslink x in my sierra. It sounded ok but the stock hu loss bass when cranked. I was just thinking the basslink T would be nice for now. I will probably break down and get a Alpine hu when I get money but I need some bass now as the stereo in the s-10 REALLY sucks!!! lol

I was gonna take the basslink x apart and use the sub and amp in a new box but the Infinity sub is too deep for a box for behind the seat. :cry:
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I fit an Infinity behind mine before the JL. But I did some modifications to the back seat. I added some washers to where the seat attaches to the ground to push it forward slightly to give me some more room. Also, I cut away the plastic on the back wall. And, I cut the carpeting out where the sub will sit. All of that adds a ton of room!! Otherwise, it's pretty hard to fit one.

As for the Alpine head unit, you will notice a HUGE difference over the stock head unit!! I've got an alpine in mine and it's great!

I also remember a company that made a custom box that housed 2 8" subs for behind our back seats. Maybe someone could find their site, but it was like something like supercrewsound or something like that??
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Wrangler
Crew
Crew

Post by Wrangler »

I saw the thread on the 8" sub box. I rather have 1 10 then 2 8's.

Whats the Diminsions of your box? Is it ported or sealed? I am on ebay looking. LOL I want an old school punch 100 if I can find one. My buddy won't sell my mine old one back.

Does the Alpine hu's fit flush or do they stick out? Mine stuck out in my '95 Sonoma and looked awful but the sound made up for the looks back then. :evil: Crutchfield says the truck will need something cut or something to fit in a alpine.
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I'm not sure on the dimensions right now... i can find out for you soon. But if it's raining tomorrow, it may have to wait b/c I dont have a garage. But as for the Alpine, it fits nicely! Doesn't stick out at all. Looks like it belongs there :)

And my box is sealed.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Wrangler
Crew
Crew

Post by Wrangler »

Yeah that does look nice. Can you put an EQ in that mounting kit to? I have a nice Alpine EQ to add at some point.
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

To be honest, I dont really know. Never really looked into it. I dont even think I've seen one... How big is it? From what I remember with the mounting kit, it's all one big peice. The bottom part is a small storage place, but I've never used it. It's gotta be maybe 1 inch to 1.5 inches wide?
Wrangler
Crew
Crew

Post by Wrangler »

Did you ever have time to measure your box yet?
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I just went outside and did it now for you in the 15º weather! lol It was dark, but these measurements are pretty close.

But remember, I cut away the plastic from the back wall and the carpet underneath the box. I also put washers between the seat mounts and the floor to push it forward a little bit. The smaller the mounting depth, the easier it is to fit a 10" sub!! I found that out after switching from the Infinity to the JL.
Wrangler
Crew
Crew

Post by Wrangler »

thanks!!
Wrangler
Crew
Crew

Post by Wrangler »

BobbleSmitty wrote:To be honest, I dont really know. Never really looked into it. I dont even think I've seen one... How big is it? From what I remember with the mounting kit, it's all one big peice. The bottom part is a small storage place, but I've never used it. It's gotta be maybe 1 inch to 1.5 inches wide?
The install kit that came with my Alpine had an opening there but only had a plate to cover it no junk storage pocket. I guess thats what you get when its free from Crutchfield. The opening is just the right size for my Alpine EQ I threw it in there for now. Not sure if I wanna leave it there for theives to see.