Console and Rear Seat Removal?

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

n0m4d
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Console and Rear Seat Removal?

Post by n0m4d »

OK, I’ve just started my stereo project that I have been planning for a very long time. I installed an Alpine CDA-9835 headunit and last weekend I lined all 4 doors with Dynamat. Now my truck smells like a freshly paved road :!: . This weekend I’m cramming in two sets of Alpine 6.5” Type-R components. I tried last weekend but I need a spacer for the front door speakers and to dremel part of the rear speaker brackets. The next thing I need to do is pull out the center console and the lower rear seat so I can run cables to the satellite radio tuner, iPod interface and amp that I’m mounting on the rear of the cab. I want to run them right down the center of the console, then under the carpet, then under the back seat

My question is: Does any have any tips for removing the center console and the lower part of the back seat? These are one of the few places I have not ventured yet. Also, I have a useless tape deck now, has anyone found a good use for that space?
[size=75]No more CrewCab. Now driving 2007 Hummer H3, 5-speed, 35" Toyo Open Country MT's, PIAA in the driving lights. [/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Console and Rear Seat Removal?

Post by HenryJ »

n0m4d wrote:... I have a useless tape deck now, has anyone found a good use for that space?
I traded out my tape deck console for one with just the tray. It is much nicer to have the extra space for "stuff" now :thumb:

Here is a picture of one-

Cassette to storage console swap

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

the back seat is removed easy just a few nuts to remove and the center console should have 1 nut under the rubber piece and then in the storage part pull up on the inside and theres a nut under that fairly easy just gotta find the nuts.Also i have the 1 pictured above in my 04.
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]