HI BEAM - LOW BEAM

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

BadChad

HI BEAM - LOW BEAM

Post by BadChad »

Is there anyway to get both high and low beam head lights to light up when you flick on the high beams? (besides holding the switch part way back)
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Hey, welcome to the site. Just look under modification on the Home site :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Here ya go QUAD BEAM LIGHTS and welcome :wave:
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
BadChad

Post by BadChad »

jeff024 wrote:Here ya go QUAD BEAM LIGHTS and welcome :wave:
Thanks for the welcome...
From the instructions you listed:

For those with low beam DRL, just splicing and grounding the solid yellow wire to the bolt in the radiator support behind the turn signal assy. will turn on the low beams anytime the highbeams are on.

What is a low beam DRL? DRL being what i'm not sure of.

Thanks
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Daytime Running Lights (DRL) , and another term you may run into, Automatic Head Lamps (AHL)

There is also a loong thread on the headlight modification here:Quad beam Headlight Mod

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BadChad

Post by BadChad »

HenryJ wrote:Daytime Running Lights (DRL) , and another term you may run into, Automatic Head Lamps (AHL)

There is also a loong thread on the headlight modification here:Quad beam Headlight Mod
Thank man!
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I also wanted to ask when you cut the yellow wire and ground it is there anything else needed to be done with the remaining wire left to the headlight or should I just tap the wire?
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

jeff024 wrote:I also wanted to ask when you cut the yellow wire and ground it is there anything else needed to be done with the remaining wire left to the headlight or should I just tap the wire?
Just tap the wire.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BadChad

Post by BadChad »

BadChad wrote:
HenryJ wrote:Daytime Running Lights (DRL) , and another term you may run into, Automatic Head Lamps (AHL)

Thank man!
WOW... thats a long thread. I think I will be ordering a kit from Summit. Thanks again,\.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BadChad wrote:...I think I will be ordering a kit from Summit...
I wouldn't :!:

You'll pay more for shipping and handling than what you'll shell out at the local parts store for everything that you need.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Move this where you want, HJ but, after I did my front end measurements last nite (I gassed up) before. I threw a code on the way home.

I figured, I was tired and did not properly screw the gas cap on. I checked it when I got got home. The cap seemed ok. Light was gone when I fired it up the morning but, mentioned it to the dealer when I dropped my CC off this AM. They told me tonite it was a DRL code my DRLs were working fine and that they cleared it. It wasn't there to clear and my DRLs have been off since May.

Stranger and stranger
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]