Headlights

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Hinch068
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Headlights

Post by Hinch068 »

Anyone have a clue other then engaging emergency brake to shut headlights off at night? Took the kids to see Christmas lights last week at a beach near me and they require you to shut the headlights off to drive in and see them. I had to put emergency brake just barely on to shut lights of.
2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

I think you have to press the overide button four times.. same button used for fog lights..
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
Hinch068
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Hinch068 »

Thanks I will give that a shot.......
2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

it's not the fog light button. It's the button right above the fog light button. Marked "Dome Override". Press and release a few times in quick succession and you'll hear a chime to indicate that the lights have been switched to manual. to turn auto on lights back on do the same again.
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

barch97 wrote:it's not the fog light button. It's the button right above the fog light button. Marked "Dome Override". Press and release a few times in quick succession and you'll hear a chime to indicate that the lights have been switched to manual. to turn auto on lights back on do the same again.
Whcih year truck.. The dome override works on '03 (Crewcab, regular, and fullsize chevy), but doesnt seem to on some '01..
I use the override all the time to kill the lights down to parking lights waiting in the lineas to get onto the base everyday on the way to work.. A friend has an '01 (non CC) and the overrise isnt part of the trucks programming for it. they ended up pulling the fuse labeled for running lights in their underhood powe center and it bypassed them completely.
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

kf6kmx wrote:[Whcih year truck.. The dome override works on '03 (Crewcab, regular, and fullsize chevy), but doesnt seem to on some '01..
Ahh... I was not aware of this. Mine's an '02 Sonoma and, Mrs barch drives an '01 Blazer, works on both. Maybe best to check owners manual to find out for sure if this applies to your truck.
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

Yeah, mine is an `01 and I do the override button thing. Remember that when you shut the truck off and restart, it will go back to normal with the AHL's.
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Works on my '01, and it also worked on my '00 Sonoma X-cab.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

wamason wrote:Works on my '01, and it also worked on my '00 Sonoma X-cab.
Yeah, it seems weird.. It acts like its standard on all the GM trucks now, and started working in '00, but I have told a lot of friends locally with '00 to '02 S10 and fullsize about it, and about 1 or 2 out of 8 it didnt work.. I think it mighthave something to do with the trim/convenience packages on them up to a certain year when they got it universally. One friend has an '00 Silvarado ex-cab, and his wife has an '00 Suburban.. they look indentical headlight/ power center/dash switch wise.. Hers does the bypass, his doesnt... but his son has a '00 Silvarado standard cab and IT DOES.. :crazy: Go figure..
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

If I remember correctly, you have to tap the button at just the right speed or it won't work.. :?
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]