Systems

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Systems

Post by camelott112 »

i know im asking for a huge offtopic here but how many of you want or have something other than our booming stock systems and how many if any would be interested in hand laid custom fiberglass boxes to fit seats in looking at one center seat but i could prolly get a 2 seat design like kc's truck with some thought and planning up to 10's or 12's for 2 seats and talking like 15's for a one seater...
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

I would really just like to not have the wavelength issue that I currently have. If I lean forward in my seat (putting my head closer to the windshield) the bass gets much deeper and much louder. But lean back into normal driving position and it gets much quieter and not nearly as deep. I really wish I knew what to do to fix it...all I know is that is has a lot to do with the wavelength of the bass and the small cabin of our trucks. In normal driving position the bass hits my ears at the weakest point, but lean forward (moving your head and your ears probably 2 feet forward) and BOOM...bass. I haven't tried fooling around with my box (it was such a pain to build in the first place I really don't want to mess with it), but I'm not sure that it would do anything anyway.

BTW, I have 2 Image Dynamics 8s with around 250 watts behind them (right at their max RMS power).
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

well I have 4 12's in a blow through box in the bed, and have 4- 6 1/2 mids and 4- 3 3/4 tweeters, that sounds pretty good,
[size=75]GO BIG or Go Home
SFA - Dana 44 - front & rear - 4.88 gears - 39.5x15x20's[/size]
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

hey corey do yourself a favor and point it the otherway it will reverb off the back wall
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

I've tried and it didn't seem to help any. It sounds best when I place it on the back seat because then it is closer to my ears and the wavelength issue doesn't come to be. I have even tried inverting the polarity to switch things up, but that certainly didn't help. It really pisses me off...almost enough to rebuild the box...but that will have to wait. I need to see if I can jam a port in there and get it to sound any better (it's a sealed box right now).
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

is your box ported???? because if so that is gonna make alot of difference if not you should have the same quality throughout
Eric H
Crew
Crew

Post by Eric H »

I'm running Rockford Fosgate 800a2 amp (about 1000 watts RMS according to the birth-sheet) powering two Rockford Fosgate 12" He2 speakers in a sealed box. i also have resistors (AKA "bass blockers") on my stock speakers. Some new high/mids would definitely sound nice, but I no longer need that good of a system in my truck. I prefer to buy stuff to be used on a stage. :)

-Eric H
[size=75][b]2001 Chevy S-10 LS Ext Cab 4x4[/b] -2" BL; US Wheel Stars; 30x9.5 Dunlop Mud Rovers; home made topper; RF 800a2; Two RF He2 12"
[b][url=http://photos.yahoo.com/negativez0]1995 White Camaro Convertible 3.4 A4[/url] -[i]TRADED IN![/i][/b] -RK-Sport Big Block Hood & Sport Wing; Black & Blue Pearl Racing Stripes; 17x9½" König Monsoons; Flowmaster w/ Quad 2½" Tips [/size]
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

i know that i have done alot of "talking about the system" that is going into penee but i figured i would get some visual up here i have to wait a few more weeks to lay the fiberglass but with the prerunner in the works i cant do it now anyways but here are the pics of the subs i have waiting for the drop into it
first the monsters 2 of these 15'' kicker L7's
and for the higher decibles i have these dont be fooled these are the best sub imo on the market well worth the cash also 2 of them btw but they are 12''

in the end i will have these and 5 amps my head unit can handle 6 but i i just cant wait to get another one plus that is plenty of power
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Why two different types/sizes of subs? If you get a decent 15" sub, it should be able to match the upper base frequency response of a good 12" (we're talking around 55 Hz). Or the other way around. Either size would work great, but I don't think you'll see much benefit in sound quality, only SPL. You could use the extra space for something else, or the extra money for some awesome components. Midbass is always hard to come by :D I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just curious as to why you're going that route.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

well i already had the alpines and i have been running them but i got a kicker 15 and it sounds incredible so instead of take out my alpines i just figured i would add the kickers
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Ahh. That's cool, use what ya already have :D Are you using two separate amps to power the subs?
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

yeah i almost have to i mean the kickers peak at about 1000 watts and the alpines peak at 3000 watts yeah thats right they can handle a peak of 3grand so im running 1 to each sub to give it the power it needs and a 4 channel to my components this may be the biggest system i have ever run but itll be fun i just cant wait to lay the fiberglass im just excited about it