complete specs for two 10 inch sub box with pictures

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

complete specs for two 10 inch sub box with pictures

Post by 2bunik »

here is the photo album.. now when i refer to the picture numbers below, just look for the picture number on the album and that is what I am refering to.. .. speaker box pictures OR http://PHOTOS.YAHOO.COM/TRAI_38 THEN GO TO TRUCK SPEAKER BOX PHOTOS
if you ar looking at the side of the box. the bottom from front to back can only be seven inches long.IMGP0006 and the top must be 2 inches from front to back.IMGP0001 THROUGH IMGP0004. for the back of the box you have two choices.. you can either cut the plastic panel on the rear of the cab behind the seat IMGP011 or you can make two seperate pieces of wood .. the first piece from the bootm up is 71/4 inchec long with what I beleive to be a 45 degree cut . then the second piece is 4 1/2 inches long. IMGP0013 THROUGH IMGP0016 and that completes the back OK THEN YOU MUST CUT YOUR CARPET OUT FOR THAT EXTRA CLEARANCE IMGP0020 then you must cut grooves on the bottom of the box (NOTE:GROOVES NOT HOLES !!! ONLY HALF IN DEPTH OF WHAT THE WOOD IS SO YOU DONT GO THROUGH THE WOOD) IMGP0017 THROUGH IMGP0019 ..the grooves are there so that the metal grooves on the floor board can slip into them giving you about 1/2 inch more clearance IMGP0020 now you do the final lenght of the box depending on whether you want two subs or one.. IMGP0031 and IMGP0032 this box fit perfectly behind the seat.. I recommend two 8's in this box however if you want two tens like I did you will have to route or groove 1/2 the thickness of the back bottom board so the magnet of the sub does not hit the back of the box.. so I suggest after all the big pieces are done.. screw the box together with only one or two fastners on every piece, just to hold the box together.. once the box is together put you sub in the box and see if any more cutting is required where the magnet will be resting.. mark the area then pull the box apart and route if any more is needed.. I REALLY RECOMMEND CUTTING OR REMOVING THE PLAST PIECE BEHIND THE SEAT SO THAT THE BACK OF THE BOX MAY BE ONE SOLID PIECE.. However if you want to work around it the instructions above should be more than helpful..... I think this should be a write up but I reall dont ave much time...if u want more pics let me know... ART
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Thanks alot for the demensions and pics... What was the mounting depth on your 10's?? I have a new 10 inch sub with 5 1/2 inch mounting depth, will it fit in this box???
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

I'LL CHECK
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

ok I measured my speaker.. from the magnet to the top foam trim ring (highest spot on the sub) it measures 5 3/4 inches.. and to be honest you might be able to get away with 1/4 inch more . if yours measures less than mine I suggest the box.. and now that I look at it again I would definatly remove the plastic panel behind the seat. it would make things easier and the box would look better .. my two cents
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Cool! Thanks again for all of that! I'll let you know how it turns out

-Bob
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I spent a few hours on Monday night making the box out of MDF. Then I sealed it up real nice, added the subwoofer and the speaker wire, and carpeted it. On Tuesday, I modified the seat bringing it forward about an inch, cut out the carpet where the sub sits, but I left the plastic in. It took about an hour and a half to wire it. I need to clean up the wires a little bit behind the seat still, they're just kinda sitting there... but here's a pic of how it turned out. Image

It sounds great! I will be looking into replacing the factory speakers sometime in the future, but they'll do for now. Thanks again for the specs.

-Bob
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

WOW it looks really nice .. did you make the back out of one piece or did you do the two piece method I did?
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I did the two peice back because I didn't want to cut out the plastic. I did cut out the carpet though.