speaker noise

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

browe

speaker noise

Post by browe »

This morning I had a high pitch noise coming across my speakers. Noiser was a constant level regardless of volume level. It stopped after I got to work and restarted my truck. Any ideas?
browe 2003 Crew Cab Black, ARE Hard Cover and Spoiler, AEM Intake, Hypertech PPIII, SS Grill Inserts, Dual Exhaust
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

gremlins.

Don't feed your truck after midninght, and try not to get it wet.

Honestly - we need to know a little more -- completely stock audio system? Amps in the truck? Do you have any other aftermarket electronics - GPS/CB/HAM etc.

My system - aftermarket headunit had a little noise to it the other day -- sometimes older electronics can take a little bit to get good and ready to operate.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: speaker noise

Post by kf6kmx »

browe wrote:This morning I had a high pitch noise coming across my speakers. Noiser was a constant level regardless of volume level. It stopped after I got to work and restarted my truck. Any ideas?
by any chance is it an aftermarket, maybe Pioneer w/XM?? :)

I have the Pioneer with XM tuner and I was getting a whine with the radio on/off/whatever.. tracked it down to being caused by a loose ground cable on the battery (the GM shop didnt put it back tight after they had tried to 'diagnose' my airbag light by unhooking the battery and going, "hey, it turned off... we cant locate it now" :crazy: ).
Anyway, the battery cable caused the whine from the bad ground, but i found out through that, that the Pioneer at least, does NOT turn its amps completely off when its 'off'.. some other aftermarkets might do the same, causing the whine to be constant, even though the source is something other than the radio itself.
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
browe

Post by browe »

I do have an aftermarket pioneer deh-p8mp headunit. I have driven up and down the street on break today and everything was fine. Tomorrow I will have to check all the connections just to make sure nothing came loose. Thanks for the replies.
browe 2003 Crew Cab Black, ARE Hard Cover and Spoiler, AEM Intake, Hypertech PPIII, SS Grill Inserts, Dual Exhaust
kf6kmx
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kf6kmx »

browe wrote:I do have an aftermarket pioneer deh-p8mp headunit. I have driven up and down the street on break today and everything was fine. Tomorrow I will have to check all the connections just to make sure nothing came loose. Thanks for the replies.
sounds like you have the same thing I do.. the Pioneer always keeps its amp on in a 'stand-by' mode, which is why the whine doesnt change with volume/power off..

I'd check your battery ground first (easiest to get to) then check the radio grounds/etc.
[size=75]-Scott-----'03 CrewCab S10 - Pewter
[url]http://www.kf6kmx.net/s10tracker.asp[/url]<-- Follow this link to find my trucks current actual location! Updated whenever the ignition is on. (tracker radio is currently intermittant) Pioneer XM, MagnaFlow, Garmin GPS,Tornado AMS , APRS Tracker, 2m/440 Ham Radio, Vista Camper Shell (from SoCalDave) , JottoDesk laptop mount, Rancho 5000's, Revo 235 75R15 on stock rims[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

bad ground your gettin engine noise feedback
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]