Anybody seen the pimpy (tiny) dash speakers ???

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

IBSonoma
Regular
Regular

Anybody seen the pimpy (tiny) dash speakers ???

Post by IBSonoma »

I wanted to add some top of windshield tweeters and took the dash speaker grille out and to my surprize the former 4x6 speaker has been replaced with a tiny tweeter type speaker, about an inch and a half across. I know there has been an issue with the depth for a replacement speaker but I was really dissapointed with what it looked like.
Anybody have any suggestions for replacements?

Thanks,
Frank
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

that speaker in your dash is the factory tweeter
a 4x6 will fit in there I have replaced mine after the right side blew
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

I replaced mine, but I replaced all the speakers in the front (and back for that matter) but in front I went with seperates again (just better one's than factory) so I simply replaced that speaker with the tweeter from the kit I bought. Of course I did have to modify the bracket some but no big deal.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Your biggest problem with mounting depth is because of air ducts. I was able to mount a set of Kicker Resolution 6.5" components in the dash with a little trimming and a heat gun. Use the heat gun to deform thew ducts just enough to get the depth you need. A set of 6.5" midbass drivers bouncing off the windshield sounds great :D
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...