lights and rocker switches

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

lights and rocker switches

Post by Steve2003 »

Finally got all my switches in and all my lights hooked up. I was really pleased with the way the light up rocker switches came out.

The top switch is my front off road lights.
The middle switch is my fog lights.

The bottom switch is the rear lights, Hella FF75. I am really pleased with these lights, they are really bright.

Just so you know, I mounted all the lights myself where I wanted them and had all the electrical wiring done by the pro's :wink:

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

A very good switch install, good looking truck and light set-up.

Just a couple of questions about the set up :)

Did you go with the pro wiring because money was less valuable than your time (in this instance, we all would have helped "if" you had the time :D )

I see that the fogs are amber which is what we used in the late 60s and 70s. Is there a reason that they are now making a come back.

Again, an excellent set up and I love your CC :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

f9k9

Thanks for your input, definitly time is more valuable to me than trying to mess with the wiring myself :!: . I appreciate the offer about your help :thumb: Actually, in the past I haven't cared much for doing work on my vehicles, including oil changes, but since I have found this site I have done more things myself than I normally would have. But lately I have been burning the candle at both ends, working way too many hours and my wife and her weekend getaways. It just doesn't give me much time, but I will take the weekend getaways with my wife to working on my truck anytime! :D

p.s.
the amber fog logs were a freebie from work off an old semi that was headed for Mexico. We'll see how well they work when winter arrives and I try them out in the fog.

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Steve, nice job. I love the way the switch panel look. Any idea where I can get another one of those do ya? I butchered my original, and couldn't find the blank panel, so now I have a back glass wiper switch I don't need. :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: lights and rocker switches

Post by HenryJ »

Steve2003 wrote:... I was really pleased with the way the light up rocker switches came out. ..
As you should be. It looks very nice :bow:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK