White face guages

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

way off subject but your white gauges look great i need to get some :)
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

camelott112 wrote:way off subject but your white gauges look great i need to get some :)
Funny that I was thinking the same thing....coffee, where did you get these and how much of a pain was it to install them?

HJ, please split this into another topic as I'm not real sure how to do this (or if I'm even allowed). Thanks!
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Hola, I see you liked my guages :D

Thank ebay for them, they only cost me like 25 + shipping

they were easy to put in but when I did it I took off my needles and kinda messed up their alignment and it took me a while to get them back to being accurate again. I had to leave the plastic cover off and manually put the needles back to where they were normally while the truck was running, it was kind of a biznatch to do and I coudln't trust them for a while untill I knew I got them back to where they were supposed to be. While the needles were off I also scratched all of the orange paint off of the back of them so now I have clear needles.

here is a couple better pics:

another thing, put double sided sticky tape inbetween the original gauges and the overlay.......lots of it. b/c if you don't your needles will brush against the overlay and stop or not be accurate.
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

I was gonna get them like three times already. But everytime I seem to be on Ebay they have the wrong ones (no cutout for PRINDLE) LOL

Such is my life. At least I know that they look cool.... and work.

Looks like they cut off the top part of the prindle and the odie

.....By the way.....prindle= P R N D 3 2 1. It came from back in the day when they used to read P R N D L2 L1 ..... Just so yall dont think that i am that crazy.
[size=75]2002 GMC Sonoma ZR-5

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

When I changed the bulb color in my dash to red, I painted the faces of my needles red. I wished I would have known that I could have popped the needles off, scrape off the orange & paint THAT part instead. It would have looked a whole lot cleaner.

Dollar short & a day late....story of my life! :cry: ........ :lol:
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

nice info on the prindle buisness there rock...haha learn something new everyday anyway coffeedrnkr do the faces cut off the words in your dase like the service engine light and whatnot i just dont like when the dash looks sloppy i mean 25 is a good price then again you get what you pay for i guess little things like that bother me ill drive around with mudd all over the truck but i cant leave a pop can in the cup holder over night
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Ya, you can see the cutouts all the time but it doesn't bother me at all. they aren't really obvious

they were definately had a quality feel to them, they even came with a module to change the brightness and a switch that will change them from blue to green
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]