Bazooka Tube

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

coreylubahn

Bazooka Tube

Post by coreylubahn »

Guys,

I am looking for some guidance. It would appear that I have blown up the 2 image dynamics 8-inch woofers that I have in my truck so I am looking for some replacements. I am thinking about scraping the box I built because I was never very happy with it. If I do that I think that I am wanting to go the Bazooka tube route (non-amplified as I already have an amplifier that I am very happy with). What experiences has everyone had with the tube style subwoofers and which models/sizes/brands would you recommend. Will a ten-inch tube fit behind the seat? I know with my box I built I can't close the seat, so if it would but just barely that would be alright. Just curious, I'd like to go as big as I can and still have it fit, perhaps maybe two eights? Anyone have experience with the AudioBahn tubes? I saw them on Crutchfield. Anyway, just let me know you all's experiences. Thanks a lot!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The Bazooka is in
I'm happy with the one that I have. It barely fits behind the seat. There is no room for a bigger diameter.
If you remove the jack there would be room for two. They are amplified, so I'm not sure what your options are there? Sell your amp?

There are a pair for sale here - bazookas

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

:bump: Anyone else with any experience with these? Thanks again!!
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I had a 10" powered one in my Blazer that I really liked the sound and output - and I used to be a stereo installer - just gotta realize a tube isn't going to perform like a super high end system designed for ultimate SPL - but it did a great job of reinforcing the low end at moderate to "pissing off my dad" levels. :-)

My grille popped off and I ended up damaging the cone of the speaker - so I took mine out - but I do plan on replacing it sometime.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

I looks to me by doing some measurements that I can't fit anything bigger than a 6.5 inch tube in there and still get the backseat even close to closing...can anyone verify this? Anyone tried an 8-incher? Looks like the seat would be pushed out a ways, just wanted to make sure. I really wanted an 8-incher but it looks like I might end up with 2 6.5s. What's everyone say?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

coreylubahn wrote:I looks to me... I can't fit anything bigger than a 6.5 inch tube in there and still get the backseat even close to closing...can anyone verify this? ...looks like I might end up with 2 6.5s. What's everyone say?
Yes. The back seat latches, barely. No need to mount the tube since it is held tight.

Like I said before , there are two for sale in the classifieds.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
coreylubahn

Post by coreylubahn »

HenryJ wrote:Like I said before , there are two for sale in the classifieds.
I know, but I can be a stickler about buying used speakers (especially subs). The 8s that just went up in smoke I bought used because they were out of production and I didn't exactly abuse them (I was 25% under their top RMS power number) and they fried. Makes me nervous to buy used again. Add to it that the ones for sale are in Hawaii and if shipping gets too expensive then I'd be well over half of what I can get 2 new ones for. My rule on used is if it costs of 50% of new it is waaay too expensive.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Understood.

I like to think that the members here will treat you right. Those have been posted for quite a while. You might get a really good price on them. You're right sometimes the shipping can make or break a deal.

I just thought it might be worth checking into.

I bought mine used from a member here. He gave me an excellent deal, and even helped me with instructions for installation.
Thanks AZS10Crew!

- ThunderII KE7CSK
IBSonoma
Regular
Regular

Post by IBSonoma »

I'm getting ready to install a Kemwood sub after I get my Pioneer head unit from Santa, anyone have any tips for the install, power wire etc.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,
Frank
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

IBSonoma wrote:I'm getting ready to install a Kemwood sub after I get my Pioneer head unit from Santa, anyone have any tips for the install, power wire etc.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,
Frank
hopefully your gonna install an Amp also or I dont think you will get the sound and Bass your after
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
IBSonoma
Regular
Regular

Post by IBSonoma »

Hello, I wasn't going to install an amp, the sub is powered and the Pioneer head unit had a little kick to it. I'm in the middle of the install so I guess I'll get it in and see how it sounds. I am going to take part of your suggestion and run an extra set of wires in case I need the amp.

Thanks,
Frank