GPS, suggestions anyone?

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

mjmcdowell
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

GPS, suggestions anyone?

Post by mjmcdowell »

Do any of you fourmites have GPS's installed in your trucks? what kind, brand price, etc., photos? I am looking at this for my next addition to my Sonoma CC, any help,suggestions would be appreciated, thanks, stay safe. mjmcdowell
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

GPS thoughts? What is good? , GPS , advice on what to get. , Handheld GPS.

Depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend.

I use my laptop , Street Atlas , and Delorme Eatrhmate for the main navagation. The Magellan Sportrak Pro does the offroad stuff and Geocaching.

I really use both most of the time.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Post by S10CREW01 »

Same thing here I use a LAPTOP and Delorme Earthmate...
[size=75]<<~~o00o~~~~~~~~~~~~"°º©[b] S10CREW01 - Proud to serve US NAVY[/b]©º°"~~~~~~~~~~~~o00o~~>>
[b][u]MOD LIST:[/b][/u]
2001 S10 Crew Cab; 2" body lift; K&N drop in filter and the Airbox mod; Hot foot MOD; Autodim mirrior; Clear Bumper Lights; Westin Safari Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights; Westin Nerf Bars; Low Profile 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover; Quad Light MOD; Backup Lights * * *[/size]
Steventruck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Steventruck »

I really like the Garmin products. I had the RINO 120 but traded it for a color screen eTrex LegendC because my friend, who said he was going to get one too, didn't.

http://www.garmin.com/products/rino/positionReport.html

The RINO has peer-to-peer feature... read about it on Garmin.com... that allows all of the people on the same FRS channel to send their location to each other. Each unit shows the location of self and all others on the screen. THe RINO 110, 120, 130 use family band radio to transmit this info so range is limited. The newer RINO (520, 530) can tranmit this stuff on GMRS so the range is much more useful, and they also feature a color screen.
Last edited by Steventruck on Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]1999 ZR2 regular cab Chevy pick-up, trip computer, Knaffle lift shackles, Warn M8000, Leer topper, Blazer power seats, Leather steering wheel with radio controls... Basically comfort features for a leasurely off-road jaunt.[/size]
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

I am a big Garmin fan, I have been since GPS started getting big with the boating industry 10 years ago. In my opinion garmins have the best designed user interfaces.
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade