Rear Speaker Help

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

jmb222
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Rear Speaker Help

Post by jmb222 »

I bought 4 Audiobahn AS65Q to replace my door speakers. The problem I am having is the speakers won't fit into the rear doors. The mounting depth is 1½" and Crutchfield and the eBay MobileToys said they would fit. I'm afraid to mount them and mess up the rear windows lowering the whole way.

For anyone that has replaced the rear speakers, can you give me you mounting depth or the brand and model number? Or if you have any tips, let me know those too. Stereos aren't my strong point.

Thanks
[size=75]'02 Indigo Blue Crew, JASON Cap, 1½ Rear Spacers, 6½" Bazooka Tube, XM myFi Hardwired into Sony F7700 Head Unit[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

hmm...

I think someone makes an extension ring like thing that will fix that. But, can't you lower the window and push the speaker in to see if it clears or not?
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
jmb222
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jmb222 »

The speaker doesn't fit right now. I have to do some more cuttin'. I would rather not have to cut the metal. I wonder if the door panel would fit back on with the extension ring? I'll have to see what I can find. Thanks Barch
[size=75]'02 Indigo Blue Crew, JASON Cap, 1½ Rear Spacers, 6½" Bazooka Tube, XM myFi Hardwired into Sony F7700 Head Unit[/size]