which to by xm or sirus

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

which to by xm or sirus

Post by snocat1 »

Was wondering which to buy and I want to keep my stock radio but also get some decent speaker's is that wrong? What do you guys think? :?
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
rlith
Crew
Crew

Post by rlith »

Sirius all the way...Better play lists, Howard Stern... Check out the forums at www.siriusbackstage.com
[size=75]See my ride at www.pghconsulting.net/teal[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Obviously people that have committed to one or the other will tell you different but the only real difference between the two is programming. They both play more music than you ever possibly listen to. but, specific talk radio shows are on one or the other not both in most cases. also sports broadcasts are split baseball, nascar, pga on xm and nfl, nhl, nba on sirius. check the programming lists at both before you decide.

http://www.sirius.com

http://www.xmsatelliteradio.com

also this very same discussion came up about 6 months ago. Here's some helpful opinions.
Last edited by barch97 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Just a bit of advice. If you're looking for better sound quality, you should replace the stock head unit, and speakers together. Replacing one without the other kinda defeats the purpose :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
jmb222
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by jmb222 »

I agree with barch, do some research and decide for yourself. I did research in September 04 and I decided to go XM. I love it and never listen to regular radio (or is it 'Free FM' now?).

I also replaced my stereo and it made a huge difference. I bought a Sony with an Aux in. It works great for the XM. You just hook it up and it CD quality sound. I am in the process of changing my speakers. Darn winter in Ohio.

To make my choice better, Opie and Anthony went XM and then Hoo Hoo went to Sirius. I can argue this one all day, but I will spare the rest of the group.

"Hoo Hoo, tell 'em Fred, tell 'em. I invented everything!"
[size=75]'02 Indigo Blue Crew, JASON Cap, 1½ Rear Spacers, 6½" Bazooka Tube, XM myFi Hardwired into Sony F7700 Head Unit[/size]