Cruise control LED

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Cruise control LED

Post by HenryJ »

I had not seen this before:
TXZR2.com wrote: If you use the Cruise Control often, this is a nifty little mod to remind you when its on or off.
Install an LED that would light up whenever the CC was "On".

CC Wiring Schematic

This is what you will be doing.

You can find the Cruise Control Module under the hood next to the Power Brake Booster. It is a small box with a wire harness attached. If you disconnect the harness this is what you'll see.
This is a Diagram of the CC Module

Tap into the wire going into PIN A and run it to a ~(680 to 1k) ohm resistor, then from there run to the long stem of the LED. The short stem is your ground.

desertrunner & sunktruck from zr2.com provided some help, and the schematics for this project.
Looks like a cool mod 8) from the TXZR2.com

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Is cool since we do not have a "cruise control on indicator light" but, I have gotten along without one for so long I think I would rather sort my sock drawer before tackling that mod. :lol:

When I get really bored and broke I will do that one and appreciate your effort, research and making it available to us :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]