Aux. Back-up light project

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Cajun
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Aux. Back-up light project

Post by Cajun »

Well hear are the photos of my aux. back-up light project. Image
The close-up view shows the split vac. hose trim. I'm not completely satisified with the way the trim came out, so I will give it another try this weekend and maybe even wash my bumper.
I currently have them powered by a relay under the hood taped into the stock back-up lights. I will need adrenalnjunky to help me sort out a system to over ride this and also be able to control them by a switch in the cab.

They work great! Thanks to all who contributed their knowlege and support.

Craig
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Lights look GREAT :thumb:

Can't say I like the color of your truck :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Cajun
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Cajun »

How about the color of my recovery hooks?
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Looks great. we must think alike. I was just looking at my bumper over the week end and thinking how I could french a set of back up lights into them. I ran through it in my head than it hit me I would have to re-chrome. I looked at my cap but there is no way Im cutting or drilling into it. I just couldn't do it. Than the bright light bulb in my head popped..... I need back up lights bad. I went with the high output bulbs and ran reflectors down my driveway but when I back down I still have to drop my tinted windows and hope my motion lights on the house go on. I wish someone would come out with a nice looking bright light that fit into my box hitch receiver. Great job :thumb:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

nice job!!!! :thumb:
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Cajun wrote:How about the color of my recovery hooks?
TOO MUCH :roflmao:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

reed..... we can do your brush guard yellow too!!!!!!!! :roflmao:
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Looks good :thumb:

How did you mount the lights?

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
Cajun
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Cajun »

The lights are mounted to the bottom of the bumper ( the portion before the mount to the frame that is reinforced for the hitch) on shims to get them to the right height. It takes a little work to get the height just right and aimed in the right direction, but it all works out.
S10CREW01
Crew
Crew

Post by S10CREW01 »

Looks Great!!!
[size=75]<<~~o00o~~~~~~~~~~~~"°º©[b] S10CREW01 - Proud to serve US NAVY[/b]©º°"~~~~~~~~~~~~o00o~~>>
[b][u]MOD LIST:[/b][/u]
2001 S10 Crew Cab; 2" body lift; K&N drop in filter and the Airbox mod; Hot foot MOD; Autodim mirrior; Clear Bumper Lights; Westin Safari Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights; Westin Nerf Bars; Low Profile 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover; Quad Light MOD; Backup Lights * * *[/size]