Trip computer performance.

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Trip computer performance.

Post by HenryJ »

I just finished a whirlwind training trip, and had a chance to check out the trip computer.

The average fuel estimates are a little off. Actual mileage came up just over one mile per gallon less. The display read just over 20 mpg, and actual mileage was just under 19 mpg.

The readouts are really cool 8) The "inst econ mpg" is just like having one of those old vacuum gauges on a carbed rig. You vary the throttle and watch the mileage increase or decrease. The gauge did peg 99 mpg a few times on a down hill grade. This may be a cause for the generous average mileage readings.

The gallons used feature is excellent for my application. With three tanks I now have an aggregate consumption. That is nice.

I would add this mod in the top of my list. While the harness installation is a bit daunting, take your time and it really is not all that bad.
It is plug-n-play and adds so much.

The price of a used display really is not unreasonable. Most , as I did, probably do not know the difference in displays? If you have to buy a new harness from GM, that cost was under $50. The whole swap can easily be done for under $100. In some cases signifigantly less. I paid $35 for mine and have picked up consoles in the past for $25. Well worth doing :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK