Where to route wires for Aux off road lights ?

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Where to route wires for Aux off road lights ?

Post by Blaze One »

So i found a deal on 2 8"round IPF offroad lights , I have 2 choices : mount them to my roof rack or buy a bar of some sort and mount them on the front of my truck .
I would prefer to mount them on the rack , because i want the option of being able to swivel one around to illuminate the rear if needed . But how would i run the wires into a power source ? I really don't want to drill holes in my roof . Is there anyway around that ? maybe run the wires down the back into the rear door/liftgate area ?
BTW , i have a 99 Blazer not a CC . But i can't seem to find any info about this elsewhere , so i thought i would try here.
Thanks.
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I dunno about a blazer, but I would think running them down the rear hatch would work. Personally, whenever I get my roof rack on, and bolt a set of KC's to it, I'm going to run a harness through my roof to the lights. Probably as well hidden as I can close to one of my rack anchors.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

i've seen a thread either here or on ZR2.com about running wiring down the back, and also drilling throught the roof under the rack brackets.

i'm sure if you search...it'll show up....................or someone here will know about the thread as well.
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!