Stock ZR2 2001 CDPLAYER

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Zr2_master

Stock ZR2 2001 CDPLAYER

Post by Zr2_master »

I have the stock cdplayer that is nice but I was wondering if its posible to hook up my Amp and Sub to it?

Moved to Electrical Modifications forum. -W
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Yes, it's possible--and not that hard--to add an aftermarket amp and subs to a stock deck. There are two ways you can go about this. Both have to do with the way the amp recieves signals from your head unit.

I'll tell you about the way I prefer, as it makes thing easier if you ever decide to upgrade your head unit.

First of all, you'll need a Line Output Converter. This takes a signal from two sets of speaker wires coming out of the radio, and converts it to a low-level signal with RCA connectors. The RCA cables then run from the Converter to the inputs on the amp. The upside to this is that if you decide to buy an aftermarket head unit, you can bypass the Converter alltogether, and connect the RCA cables directly to the RCA outputs on the back of the head unit.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
Zr2_master

Post by Zr2_master »

Wow this is such a help! So basicly I splice the speaker wires and it makes them go to 2 "spliced" wires and turns them into RCA?
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

That Line Output converter has wires that you'll splice into your speaker wires. On the other side it has a pair of RCA jacks to plug in RCA cables.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...