Back Up LIghts

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Back Up LIghts

Post by BADs Crew »

I have a pair of mini fogs I want to mount up under my rear bumper this weekend. I don't know If I have to run another power line to them or if I can just tap into my present back up lights or trailer harness. Any thoughts?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

To be on the safe side a new hot line from the aux under the hood, splicing into your BU lamps to a relay is best, but I have them fail every couple of months. I suspect relays but, am still experimenting. I hope someone suggests a fool proof install.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I run a set of cheap secondary backup lights on my k1500, just tapped into the backup light circuit and a good ground. They work fine. It would probably be better to run them with a relay in line depending on how powerful they are I am just using the basic $12 napa auto utility lights (like for a tractor).
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]