12" Sub Install

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

12" Sub Install

Post by WVHogRider »

Seeing all the systems you guys have in your trucks, I decided to monkey around to try to fit the system from my old truck into the CC. I'm not using any of the newer fancy stuff like some of you guys, but just my old system that I know can thump. Well, I was able to fit a 12" Pyle Driver sub and a 600 watt Jensen amp. I still have some tweeking of the box to do, but now I know it fits. :D I still need to run all the wires, but atleast it's a start. I've got to pick up one of the speaker wire to RCA splitters and all new wiring. It may be a while before it's completely done though as hunting season starts this Saturday.
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

So you were able to fit the 12" sub behind the back seat? Does it latch?
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

Yes, it still latches without any problems or binding. :wink: I tucked the front board that I mounted the speaker in behind that metal bar that runs along the back of the seat, and stopped the side part just before the latch lever. The completed box will just have the front and side boards with no rear board. The back of the cab will be utilized as the back board. I just have to mount the sides sometime this week to close everything thing up and run the wires. For the amp board, I cut out the back center part of the board so that it could get a little more air flow, (the amp has some ventilation holes on the back), when the sub hits.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I'd like to see some pictures!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

BobbleSmitty wrote:I'd like to see some pictures!
me, too!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

I'll will get some pictures for as soon as I complete the box. However, it will be a few days though, as archery hunting season starts saturday, and I still have alot to do to get everything ready. Also, I STILL need to buy the fire wire to download from my camera that I said I needed a couple months ago.... :lol: I MAY be able to cut, cover & mount the two side boards tonight, and possibly get some pics. here with the work camera tomorrow....buit no promises. :thumb:
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

OK. I snuck the work camera out for a quick picture. This just a basic layout so I could make sure it would fit, and I know everything will need tweeked. Both end pieces still need cut, attached, and covered, but this will be the basic concept. Yes, I covered it in camo for now----Camo is my favorite color this time of year, plus I had the extra material laying around. I will probably change the fabric once the final assembly is done & everything sounds right.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Looks good man! It's been a while since I've seen one of those old style waffle grills :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

is that mossy oak,, or advantage on the box cover????? :lol:
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

top_sgt wrote:is that mossy oak,, or advantage on the box cover????? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Advantage!!!!! For now.