PCM question?

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

PCM question?

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I had a question regarding the PCM. We have an ongoing post about the HPP3 not working with my truck but I figured someone may see this post regarding the PCM and know something. What I need to know is can my trucks PCM be set back to stock after the dealership has updated it? Back in January of '05, they loaded an update to my PCM that makes it not compatible with the HPP3. What I want to do is delete that update from the PCM so the HPP3 would work. Is this possible?
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

If the dealer happens to have an earlier copy of the program. I really doubt that the dealers retain the previous versions of the updates for the vehicles. I would bet they only have access to the current version to be flashed to the PCM.
I would call the dealership where it was done and ask them.

I would say it could be possible, but doubt that the needed programming information still exists.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK