RDS Wiring Harness???

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

c schoelen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

RDS Wiring Harness???

Post by c schoelen »

i went to bestbuy the other day to buy a head unit for my '02. the guy at bestbuy told me that to put a new head unit into my truck i would have to buy this $100 wiring harness. cause supposedly the air bag and a bunck of other things are comected to the head unit. and if you were to change the head unit without this harness then a bunch of codes would be set off. he said that it was for all GM cars after '01. does anyone know anything about this?
[size=75]2002 S-10 Zr5 with: 6" superlift, 15" black rockcrawler rims, Airaid Intake, and 33 X 12.50 BF Goodrich Mud terrian Tires. Skidz Cut-out Flares[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

BestBuy Is :crazy:
I Ordered My Alpine Stereo From Crutchfield And They Included The Wiring Harness And The antenna Adapter For Free :D
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Cajun
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Cajun »

Ditto Crutchfield...Good tech help too!
[size=75]03 ZR5 Crew Cab[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

You can get things much cheaper at other online retailers than an Crutchfield, but I've never seen one that even remotely compared to their service. You're treated like royalty. We get similar service from a company called Tessco that I deal with alot at work. IMO, the warranty, service, and friendliness is worth the extra money.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...