Sub Under Seat?

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Connerbug

Sub Under Seat?

Post by Connerbug »

Has anyone ever put subs under the seat or is it even possible??
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I have a 10" behind my back seat.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

i dont think its possible. i looked there but its easier to put them behind the back seat. even then theres barely room. i have to kicker 10's and an amp behind mine. its such a tight fit that i have to slam the seat back HARD to make it click in.
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

Bobblesmitty,

What side did you put that sub on? my buddy just put one of those pioneer shallow mount 10's in his CC and he had to go on the jack side and remove the bracket just to get it all to fit. Did you go that route as well? Pics?
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Some info I had posted in another thread so I was able to fit a standard 12" Pioneer (didn't touch the jack):

I made a box that was 4" top tapered down to 8" on the bottom @ 13" tall and only a 1 and a half ft long (outside wood to outside wood) so it factors in the 3/4" thickness of the wood. But it didn't fit too well as the sub adds another 3/4" to the face of the box.

But it could work for example If you are looking to gain a small amount of space behind the rear seat I did it rather easily. I put a regular 12" clarion sub behind the seat in a custom made box.

Unbolt the seat 2 behind the seat back and two in the front holding the bottom down. Then two on the floor. Just add about 4 washers (just enough so you can still thread the nut) and you'll be adding about 3/4 an inch to behind the seat. Just enough room for a regular depth sub! I just had to shave a little wood off because the magnet hit the back of the box. Drill holes and you can bolt the bottom of the seat back down as well or slip a smaller bolt through the leftover hole w/ washers. I also removed the plastic backing behind the seat just held in w/ clips and pulls right off adds another 1/2". You can also remove the plastic casters that the seat latch grabs on to. This will have the seat lean forward just a slight amount not noticeable but it will latch sooner so it doesn't go as far back.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Here is the old thread with pictures of my 10" JL sub. I cut out the carpet, the plastic, and moved the rear seat forward with some spacers. Nothing is noticable though. The sub box fits perfectly into the cuts into the carpet and plastic. The seat is only about an inch forward. It hits Real nice!

Old Thread
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Yeah thats what I did, looks very similar to those pics. I haven't gotten around to taking any yet, and also haven't carpeted my box.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

see i wasnt about to fab anything in my truck. i got both subs and the amp in and it all fits perfectly. i also just realized i dont have to slam the seat. i can leave it without clicking it in and it dosnt go foreward. anyway i think i looks really nice. ill take a pic tomorrow so you guys can see.
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Sub Under Seat?

Post by WileyHunter »

Connerbug wrote:Has anyone ever put subs under the seat or is it even possible??
I've asked this before but again....

Has anyone ever put these in under their seats??? I've sat in "game" seats that had them and they are literally the bomb daddy... I don't know why anyone would want to put a bulky sub-woofer in their vehicle, and have to worry about 'blown' speakers when you could go this route. I myself am not into trying to improve mileage through loud bass music but that's just me :lol: Besides Willie and Waylan and the boys just don't have a need for thumpin' bass.

http://www.av-outlet.com/en-us/dept_59.html
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

No first hand knowledge but I have read that the The Pickup Truck SubSolution is the way to go for our crews. My Frontier has one under the rear seat but I don't think one will fit under the rear seat of the S-Crew.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

did everything myself. i like making boxes :)
everything sounds awsome. the kicker 6.5s are LOUD. today i thought the volume was on 40 and it was only 20.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Nice :thumb:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

would i be able to fit a 4" deep 12" high and 25" wide box behind the seat?
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

mine is 32" long, 12" high, 7.5"wide on bottom and 3" wide on top.

4" would fit but the seat wouldnt go all the way back.
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

alright thanks