spekaers in front door (panel Removal help)

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

bradjh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

spekaers in front door (panel Removal help)

Post by bradjh »

i am wanting to get new speakers in the front i have some from another car that i hope will fit. but i cannot get the door panel off can some one give me some tips. also how do you get to the rear speakers as well? brad
Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Swbari00 »

There are 2 bolts under the handle and you have to take the panel with the window/door lock switches off. Just lift on the back side of the panel and it will pop out and there you go. The rest of the door panel is held on by those plastic rivet things, not sure what they are called. There is a tool you can get at an auto parts store that removes those, or you can just pull the door panel away from the door. The tool will probably keep you from breaking the plastic things, but I just buy new ones and replace them. The other thing to worry about is maneuvering the door panel over the lever to open the door and the door lock itself. Once you get to this point, I think you will be ok though, and it is entirely to difficult to describe in writing.
SOLD! 2003 Zr5 black. Alpine CDA-9831 cd with iPod adapter, JL Audio VR650-CSi (6.5" componets in front doors), JL Audio 8 W-3, Sony 260G. Air box mod, Flowmaster 40 dual exhaust.

Now a Scion xD with lots of audio stuff!
MARBLEYARD
Crew
Crew

Post by MARBLEYARD »

Be careful with your belt moulding (the black strip outside at the base of your glass) it's fragile and the clips will break (learned the hard way) Also, watch your mounting depth. If you mount them, with a mounting bracket, the cone may hit the door panel and shorten the life of the speakers. (again, experience)
[size=75]’03 S10 CC, thule roof rack, brush guard, painted to match bowtie, running boards, and vent visors, ’56 “chevrolet” badge on tailgate, air box mod w/ K&N filter, Gibson cat back exhaust, 100% synthetic Mobil 1 since day 1, Kenwood deck, tow package, freedom grill [/size]
Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Swbari00 »

Ahh man, what did you have in your doors that had enough cone excursion to hit the door? I don't think he's trying for a sub in the door :? At any rate, unless the speaker is smashed against the door I can't imagine there would be any concern with the speaker hitting the door. :D
SOLD! 2003 Zr5 black. Alpine CDA-9831 cd with iPod adapter, JL Audio VR650-CSi (6.5" componets in front doors), JL Audio 8 W-3, Sony 260G. Air box mod, Flowmaster 40 dual exhaust.

MARBLEYARD
Crew
Crew

Post by MARBLEYARD »

Swbari00 wrote:Ahh man, what did you have in your doors that had enough cone excursion to hit the door? I don't think he's trying for a sub in the door :? At any rate, unless the speaker is smashed against the door I can't imagine there would be any concern with the speaker hitting the door. :D
I was running some Alpine type R's and the mounting brackets put it out too far (they were too deep for factory mounts). I kindda did some "fabricating" to stop it. I don't mean to make it sound like a pain. Check you mounting depths it will save you time and money.
[size=75]’03 S10 CC, thule roof rack, brush guard, painted to match bowtie, running boards, and vent visors, ’56 “chevrolet” badge on tailgate, air box mod w/ K&N filter, Gibson cat back exhaust, 100% synthetic Mobil 1 since day 1, Kenwood deck, tow package, freedom grill [/size]
Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Swbari00 »

Oh I gotcha, I miss understood you there. I thought you were saying the speakers were moving so far that they were hitting the door. But yes you are right, you don't want the speaker hitting the door, that wouldn't last too long :)