Getting ready to disable the AHLs and want to check?

Modified and aftermarket systems, lights, wiring, etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Country_Guy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Getting ready to disable the AHLs and want to check?

Post by Country_Guy »

All I have to do is get the resistor in the morning. Then I already took the speaker cover off, then unplug the connector. It says to plug on side of the resistor in the hole of a wire on one side of the plug and the other goes to the second hole in the wire, so basically the resistor stays on the outside of the plug and the two wires go through a hole of each of the wires inside of one end of the plug. Is it easy to see. Does it matter which the direction the resistor goes. Have any of you done it?

Sorry I keep asking stupid questions but I hate (sorry about the hate word - HenryJ) wiring, I am not good at all when it comes wiring.
crew cab sonoma
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by crew cab sonoma »

i dont think it matters which direction the resistor is turned.

i have the AHL and DRL disabled, not to mention the auto-down window feature, as well as the brake-shift interlock disabled too...
and i dont regret doing any of them.

guess i like to think for myself too much... :shock:
[size=75]Lee

01 Sonoma Crew Cab 2.21 60ft. 10.24 @ 66.5 mph (1/8mi.)(SOLD)
00 Sonoma Ext. Cab 4WD. front axle removed, Torsen diff. W4M pcm. 2.10 60ft. 9.64 @ 71.0 mph (1/8 mi.)[/size]
Country_Guy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Country_Guy »

Thats my thing I strongly dislike this like automatic systems that dictate when things are on I like to have control of the switch. Alot of times with mine like on a cloudy day everytime it gets darker or starts doing lighter to darker clouds the lights constanly switch on an off if the switch on the dash isn't turn and for me its a big pain in the butt.